Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #1

Having your rig serviced?

When is it time to move on to a new service dealer? What would you consider a reasonable amount of time for your dealer to complete repairs under warranty. I know that there could be a huge difference depending on the scope of work to be done. I am new to rv ownership but I have had boats for 30 years. The longest my boat dealer ever had my boat was 3 weeks regardless of the scope of work. They usually under promised and over delivered instead of the other way arround. Right now I seem to be in a situation where communication is lacking, vague, in some cases it appears to be somewhat misleading. Tomorrow will mark the end of week 5 and my dealers service manager still does not have the parts to complete what I would consider minor repairs. If I were to pick up my camper today there would be no change from when I brought it in with one exeption. The fan had gone out on our second a/c, it was replaced and I am told that the new one is too loud and will need a grommet kit to help with the noise. This is a new rig bought in March 2012 from the servicing dealer, but it is being serviced at a different location. This dealer has several locations but I was told it could be serviced at any one of them. This is the first time back for warranty work. All opinions and comments are welcome.
Camping Days so far in 2013=19
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

While for some repairs you will need a dealer that can order directly from FR Parts Department (like decals and side/roof panels) once you are out of warranty you can go anywhere they service RVs.

Even then FR Parts will ship to a repair facility (just not you) if they call and get approval.

EVERYTHING else can be fixed at any RV competent repair shop. Turns out I have a "certified" Dometic repair shop right across the street and would never have known if I had not called about the Fridge Recall. They are a "brakes and radiator" repair shop. I would have NEVER in a million years thought of them to repair any Dometic item. But yet; they they are.

Grows Truck in Southampton, PA does everything frame related. I get my inspections done there for HALF of what my SC (so called) dealer's shop was ripping me off for. I also think they do a much better job, too.

They carry my bearings, brakes, and axles seals in stock. They will sell directly to me so I can do the work or they can do it if I ever too decrepit not to do the work myself.

I asked about roofing if I ever needed it and they said they could re-cover it with but would need to order the panels if they were bad.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
.... would never have known if I had not called about the Fridge Recall...
Fridge recall?

Do tell.....I think I missed that one....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ll-2138-2.html

Here.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote