Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
Are you looking at a Micro-Lite? F/R warr. is one of the (Best),now dealers are a Diff.Story altogether,select with Caution! Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
We have had great response from both our dealer and Forest River regarding any problems, which were minor.

Last year at the international rally I asked about some small bubbles on my front bunk end. Was told that the outer panel was de-laminating. FR offered to replace both the front and rear bunk ends at no charge. When we returned the trailer to the factory last fall, they replace both bunk ends, an electric jack, re-chalked the entire trailer and fix a number of minor issues. All of this was done at no charge to me.

As noted many posting are from bitter customer who at not treated well by they dealers or just like to complain. I for one will always be a loyal Forest River customer.

gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
I have not had to take my unit back for warranty. We are looking a purchasing a 2nd FR product. Most of the complaints about bad warranty work is from people who did not purchase their unit locally but from a wholesaler and had a problem getting their local dealer to to warranty repairs. Because all dealers are independently owned and operated and not associated with FR except they sell the FR line. Because of this reason the dealer is not obliged to repair any unit purchased for a different dealership.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
Wanna Be Camper
Love our V-Lite, sure it has had a few minor issues and we fixed them ourselves with the dealer providing us witht he pieces we needed as I can fix or build pretty much anything getting the parts was the important thing for us and our dealer came through each time quickly. If we ever purchased another unit it would be from the same dealer and another FR product.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Nothing wrong with Flagstaff's warranty department.
I dealt with them directly on a few minor issues, and they were 100% helpful.
And as far as lightweight campers go, the Flagstaff/Rockwoods are as good, or better, than anything out there.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Our last two trailers have been FR. No complainants. Would by another.
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Mod free 5er
We have our 2nd new FR Flagstaff and have liked both of them. We like the present 5ver better. No issues with warranty work whatsoever. If we are still around for a couple of more years, we will no doubt buy our 3rd Flagstaff.
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
We love our Flagstaff 5ver. Only problem we have had is the water pump quit working. Our dealer, Nationwide RV in Grain Valley, MO, replaced it, no problem, no charge. I think if you choose your dealer carefully, you will be happy. When the time comes, we will definately buy from them again.
2012 F-250
Flagstaff 8528IKWS
Tailwind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
I have had some small warranty claims handled through my dealer over the last two years. No problems whatsoever.

what new model issues do you refer to?
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
So did you make a deal today ?

Inquiring minds want to know if your part of the family ?

Besides that you have enough time to plan on going to the rally in august and meeting all of us !

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote