Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Hello there, please help!

Hi, My wife and I are looking to buy a Flagstaff trailer TODAY! I saw some very negative input on the web from people who had bad experiences dealing with Forest River on warranty claims and new model issues. Is there anyone with positive feedback? Or negative feedback? I would REALLY appreciate any opinions I can get, it may help make 2 people happy today...Thanks so much

Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by westland1 View Post
Hi, My wife and I are looking to buy a Flagstaff trailer TODAY! I saw some very negative input on the web from people who had bad experiences dealing with Forest River on warranty claims and new model issues. Is there anyone with positive feedback? Or negative feedback? I would REALLY appreciate any opinions I can get, it may help make 2 people happy today...Thanks so much
Welcome to the forum !
I LOVE my fr product !
Never had issues with warranty work.

Turbs

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Another vote here- I love my FR product (Sabre). No warranty work has been done, though I do need to contact my dealer here shortly.

That said- the Internet is great in that it gives everyone a voice. The downside is that generally it's the unhappy people who sound off the most. Us who everything is wonderful are usually quiet.

That said, no matter what brand of camper or make and model, there are things that can be done better, have issues and the occasional "holy crap that's awful"- unfortunately, FR is not immune to this. RVs are made at a remarkable speed on the assembly line and that leads to issues and sloppy work. Some RVs come across fairly unscathed and some not so much. It's an unfortunate fact of life.

Best wishes and good luck! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another FR product.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by westland1 View Post
We have had a few minor issues that were all taken care of under warranty. I would try to get the dealer to include the second year warranty as part of the deal. If we were purchasing another camper, Forest River would be our choice. Enjoy your new Flagstaff and don't be overly concerned with negative comments.
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #5

I have had a leak issue, they fixed it for me, I could not be happier with my Forest River trailer !

People do NOT post when they have no problems or are happy, please keep that in mind.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #6

We're very happy with our Forest River product too. Only issues we had was a string that broke on a day/night shade and a loose kitchen faucet handle. Both these were handled immediatly by our dealer. Because of the speed at which the units are assembled any manufacturer can produce a lemon now and then. You might of read some negative on the web but there are far more people happy with their FR products that aren't.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Moderators' Assistant

i think you'd get quicker info by reading thru the Flagstaff sub-forum.
or the Rockwood sub-forum, since the Rockwood line is the exact twin brand of the Flagstaff.
you could get lots of feedback by reading posts there.
you might also post the model you're thinking about. that way those that own the same model could respond.
i own an '07 Rockwood Roo that has a twin in the Flagstaff Shamrock line.
i've had no problems with warranty work, thru the FR factory warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #8

I guess I can't help you because my trailer has never been back to the dealer for any warranty issue or repair.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #9

We to love our fr camper.Fit and finish were spot on.we used it for one season so far with no issues at all.All manufacturers are gonna have some issues. But like anything else you only here the negative things on the internet. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one good luck in your decision
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #10

Love our FR MH. Have a few issues but with living full time in it tough to get work done, hope to over the summer.