Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
Princess Kelea

Help Again Please! - front jack switch

So, my front power jacks have not worked - the flip just flopped and didn't engage anything - today my neighbor was taking a look for me and discovered the switch is broken. We live in a pretty remote area. Any suggestions where I can replace this online and what exactly to search for? I tried searching but I'm not finding the exact item.
I have a few pictures to share. This is what it looks like. The rear works fine. Well, mostly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190719_114833.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	371.6 KB
ID:	210310   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190719_114913.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	210311   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190719_114926.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	210312  
Princess Kelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

your middle picture has all the info. it is a sigma 260 series rv spdt switch. it is probably a momentary contact. they are all over the internet. i think there were some on ebay. just make sure you get the proper one. my guess is that the switch may come out of the bezel but i saw several that came with the bezel also. cost $10 - $15 max! rv supply places might have onE also. or perhaps the power jack manufacturer. this is repairable!

what remote area of arizona?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Princess Kelea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
your middle picture has all the info. it is a sigma 260 series rv spdt switch. it is probably a momentary contact. they are all over the internet. i think there were some on ebay. just make sure you get the proper one. my guess is that the switch may come out of the bezel but i saw several that came with the bezel also. cost $10 - $15 max! rv supply places might have onE also. or perhaps the power jack manufacturer. this is repairable!

Paulden, north of Prescott.
I searched for the numbers but couldn't find the exact thing and being a newbie I was afraid to buy the wrong thing. I went to Signa website but it had more numbers that I couldn't find on the 260 Series. I will try again. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 PM   #4
Princess Kelea

Quote:

And hello Payson! My dad's in Pinetop.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:30 PM   #5

Looks like Lippert has changed to new look. You can get it on Lippert's website, Amazon or here for $7 cheaper.
https://www.ebay.com/p/LCI-At141-121...AaAlWMEALw_wcB

If you find them for 10 or $15 please post where and I'll pick up a couple for back-ups.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #6
Princess Kelea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Looks like Lippert has changed to new look. You can get it on Lippert's website, Amazon or here for $7 cheaper.
https://www.ebay.com/p/LCI-At141-121...AaAlWMEALw_wcB

If you find them for 10 or $15 please post where and I'll pick up a couple for back-ups.
Okay, since I wasn't the one to crawl under the trailer and take this apart - seeing these wires was bothering me since there are no wires on mine. Can I assume the part the wires are coming off of is what my pictures show and these wires attach to those prongs? My understanding was this plus (with the oxidation) just plugged into another plug receptacle/box thing (sorry - I don't do this stuff and don't know the proper names). I was searching for exactly what is shown in my pictures. Thanks for not making fun of me.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:57 PM   #7

Maybe this will help....
Old 07-19-2019, 11:59 PM   #8
Princess Kelea

Quote:

Yes, the switch came out of the bezel. My confusion comes from the pictures only showing the switch part and not the actual blades such as mine has. I don't know how to select the proper one because I can't visually see the side with the blades/x on it. I'm going to upload another picture. Is it possible two of the blades on my plug were broken off? I'm seeing these switches with 3 connections or 6 connections but I honestly don't know which mine is. Sorry to be a pain - and thanks for the help.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #9
Princess Kelea

Quote:
Okay, looks like I'll be going under it tomorrow to figure out just what he unplugged. I didn't realize it was several blade connectors like the one he's removing in the video. Appreciate the video and the visual.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:15 AM   #10

Just noticed yours only has two mounting screws. Only find that in white...
https://store.lci1.com/rear-electric...-harness-white
Old 07-20-2019, 12:22 AM   #11

I believe you will only have 4 blades. Positive/negative/extend/retract. You may have to connect +and- and then test to see which is extend/retract.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:14 AM   #12

when i quoted the price i was looking at the base sigma switch. the entire replacement assembly from lippert is more. but that video is pretty good. and i saw four terminals on the switch that you took out and the replacement switch assembly had four wires on it. it is repairable!

we've been to prescott from the south and the east but have never taken the road out to the north which goes through paulden. someday! SO MUCH STILL TO SEE!
Old 07-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #13

I just replaced one of these a couple of weeks ago. My local RV dealer was actually the best price! The new switches seem to have been changed to eliminate the spade connectors and are directly wired. To replace, you may have to add a crimp on spade connector to the wires on your new switch. The one I bought still had spades (I guess it was old stock) but didn't show the cross connected bars that are on yours and my older switch. The newest switches that I found online were all ones with "pigtail" wires instead of spade connectors.

The Lippert part number for the switch I used is Lippert #387874.
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #14
Princess Kelea

Quote:
Just noticed yours only has two mounting screws. Only find that in white...
https://store.lci1.com/rear-electric...-harness-white
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...=.why-etrailer

This is EXACTLY what was removed. But it says it's for steps? Oi vey, who knew owning a TT could be so much fun!
Will this work?
Old 07-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #15

Looks like an exact match to me. The description says "self centering". That means you have to press the up/down side constantly to run the motor. You should be able to use this switch.
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #16

Did you look on the jack MFG web-site?or in your manual? I was able to find the part number this way for mine and then ordered it on Amazon.
Rwollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #17

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Multi...-p/19-2010.htm
Check out above link at RVUpgrades MFG P/N: 13635
MFG: JR Products
Less information but also on Amazon $9.41 Prime
Attached Images

PAST- 2012 Coachman Leprechaun 319DSF w/TOAD -2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4-cyl. AWD, 2008 Springdale 266RL, 2002 Outback 25FB
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #18
Princess Kelea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder75 View Post
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Multi...-p/19-2010.htm
Check out above link at RVUpgrades MFG P/N: 13635
MFG: JR Products
Less information but also on Amazon $9.41 Prime
I did - and they were showing the one in the video that was posted earlier.
I ended up ordering the one I posted the link to that shows exact match except it says it's for step use - the distributor is telling me it won't work but they've got a call request into Lippert (stabilizer mfg). My head is currently spinning and I really just want my jacks to work.
Thank you for this though - it looks like the switch and a cheaper option - question - it says it's a DPDT switch and someone else posted I need a SPDT switch? I have no clue or why. If I go to Sigma 260 Series (as shown in my pix) they have several letters that correspond to spdt and dpdt - for on/on, on/off/on, mom-on/off/mom-on, etc. I know when I press the switch for the rear jacks I have to hold it up to extend them until they are where I want them. I also have to press and hold in the opposite direction to retract them when I want them back to their original position. So, is that a mom-on/off/mom-on configuration?
I'm sorry, I'm not an electrician and all this electrical stuff is over my head, in spite of being a rather intelligent person.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #19

i was incorrect! it needs to be DPDT with the reversing feature. and yes, that you have to hold the switch until you get the jacks where you want them is the momentary feature. i can't see how it would make a difference between steps and jacks. the reversing feature is those two metal strips that make a cross on the terminal sides.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kelea View Post
Okay, looks like I'll be going under it tomorrow to figure out just what he unplugged. I didn't realize it was several blade connectors like the one he's removing in the video. Appreciate the video and the visual.
Did you try contacting Sigma and ask for a replacement? If you send them the picture they may have an exact replacement. This is a very similar switch that may replace it. I can't tell the dimensions of the one you have but this may be the same.
https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1...t_sims?ie=UTF8
dave1650 is offline   Reply With Quote