Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #1

Question Help Buying an RV

Hi,
I am looking at the Sunseeker model 3170DS or the Forester and 3171DS (bunkhouse models)

The question I have is the difference between the two models? Is it enough of a difference to buy the Forester over the Sunseeker?

And I am looking to buy used.
I have seen both models going back to 2011? Is there a particular year to stay away from in either model? Is there a better year to go after?
Please advise,
Thanks for the help.
dbldtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #2

The forester is the higher end line . Nicer interior and such. We bought a 2011 sunseeker 3170 ds used February of 2013 and we love it.
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #3

Help Buying an RV

As we bought used... Saved a lot and got a CLEAN unit to boot. Manufactured 10-2010. Sold 11-2010. We bought in August 2013. Still had the new trailer smell. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #4

We just bought a used 2007 Puma TT.
The one lesson I learned is to check the roof and or slide out roof, insist on it even if you have to bring your own ladder.
Even though our interior looked factory fresh, the previous owners let the TT sit with no preventative maintenance to the roof.
I still would have bought the TT, but the condition of the roof would have given me some haggle power to get the purchase price lowered.

AS BOUGHT

REPAIRED ON FRIDAY (Roll of SticknBond and a tube of Dicor, about 85.00 dollars) Still need to buy the gasket for the torn gasket you see in the photo.

TV 2012 Chevrolet Silverado CC 5.3
TT 2007 Puma 30QBSS
Reese 12000 WDH
Reese Anti-sway bar
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote