Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #41

very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Yours looks really nice. Here are a couple pictures of ours with our Columbus under it.
It looks great! I wish I could have poured a concrete pad, but I felt like I was spending a lot as it was. But I like gravel too as it has a few minor benefits. It's funny - my wife was as excited about our carport as I was. She was supportive and heaped praise on me at each step. Mine was inspected today and now I am waiting for the surrounding grass to grow..... The first thing I noticed was that the camper's refrigerator cooled down in record time, and it isn't needing to cool much at all to stay at it's set temperature.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #42

We built one 25x35x12 (leg height) and used a local dealer to do it with 3 foot side panels too. I wish we would have added 2 more panels. I have 30 AMP service,20 amp service, water and sewer. I am likely going to add a shop light to it. We park both our camper and boat under it. I had a concrete slab poures as well and the structure is anchored to the slab. It allows me a covered a.rea to work on wheel bearings and so forth without being on gravel. The running gear on the boat trailer is high maintenance. We also put up some 2x12 pt boards and made a space for hanging life jackets, knee boards and so forth.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #43

I decided to post a picture of my project, even though I still have lots to do. I need to do a little more work on the fill dirt and grass seeding, and add some kind of storage bin or shelving. The picture doesn't show it, but the rear right of the pad was built up about 20". The carport itself is 12'H x 36' x 17'. I originally wanted a 16' width, but 17' and 18' were the same price as the 16'. With the slide out, I have a foot of clearance and the door side clearance is ample too. It is tall enough for me to work on the roof while under the carport. I washed the roof while under there, but it was a little hard on my back! But at least I can do it, and I can climb up there for inspection/maintenance. I have 30 and 20 amp service. Wish I had a sewer hookup, but the lay of the land won't allow that. I have lots of oak trees around and the leaves can pile up to several feet. Leaves seem to just blow through the carport area rather than accumulate under there. Also, this project included 16' of concrete culvert for the driveway's entry, and leveling (with crossties) an 80' gravel driveway back to the carport. I plan on adding a sun shield to the front. I have some black mesh tarp material that I think will be perfect. http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/100_2031.jpg
Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #44

That's nice I wise I had the room on my property to do that.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #45

Tinkerreknit; never, never, never, NEVER build a storage barn/car port as small as you can! Always build bigger than you think you'll need. From past experience , you'll wish you'd gone the extra height to allow you to move around the roof while under cover, and don't forget the ends for sun protection. You can even modify end panels with hinges to open like a gate for vehicle access, but still protects from the elements. Think big, you'll be glad you did. OOPS! Appears I'm too late, you've already built it. Looks good.
NevadaM is offline   Reply With Quote