Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #1

Help me understand what they see?

I have been looking at 5ws and reading lots of forums about Cyclone vs Voltage then into Road Warrior and such. I read a lot of the same comments but yet I don't think anyone says the real truth about these interiors on these coaches. Some say Voltage is too flashy, and Cyclone is better, more homey. How about down right tacky!!! Are you serious with some of these interiors? Who are the people designing the interiors of these coaches? Have they never picked up a magazine with modern or current designs. Do they pick the tackiest combinations possible to see how much the public will take? Lol I am amazed why one trailer manufacturer, EVEN ONE (OK Gotta admit Airstream interiors are amazing), will not step outside the box and build a trailer with an attractive interior. I agree cyclone is the most tasteful interior of the TH line that I have looked at but they still have a ways to go. I currently have a deposit on a new 3800 cyclone w RV wholesalers in Ohio. Price is the best so far and Gary in finance and sales guy Chris Baker have been darn good to deal with so far. Jim Hickie at Heartland I almost feel is like a friend now I bug him so much. Well I have asked Cyclone to change out the appliances from black face to SS front appliances they offer in their Road Warrior line because I find them a lot more attractive. And yes of course there is going to be a charge. How much do you think they will charge me to change the exact same appliances from black fronts to SS fronts from their Road Warrior line. Exact same size appliances, they will be just opening different boxes from another line. Let's guess shall we? I do agree with some folks that Cyclone has the most appealing interior, just trying to make mine a bit better looking. Let's get real with these ridiculous interiors! I'll let you know how things progress with RV Wholesalers in Ohio and Cyclone. Happy Holidays

Old 12-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Commercial Member

IMO, if you are buying your RV based on the interior, instead of build quality, reputation, etc, you are on the wrong path.....

Just my FYI.

Again, in my opinion, Heartland makes a good looking piece, but that's where it ends....

(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

Help me understand, why are you posting about products built by Heartland and Thor Industries on a Forum dedicated to products built by Forest River Inc.?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
X-2

X-2 Oakman!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #5

No I am not making my purchase based upon just interiors wildcat I was just making a comment on how ugly RV interiors are. And Oakman excuse me for breaking all the rules and not commenting on how ugly Forest River products are as well on the inside. I will now. Forest River interiors are just as tacky. Simple question was why are RV interiors so ridiculously furnished and not well designed. And I will bet from a marketing stand point the interior sells the coach more times than the build quality does. That is not how I am making my purchase based on interiors or I wouldn't buy any of them. So Wildcat you have commented several times on your dislike for your Cyclone. I would rather hear why you have dislikes with Cyclone and your problems you have encountered. How has Cyclone responded?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
So Wildcat you have commented several times on your dislike for your Cyclone. I would rather hear why you have dislikes with Cyclone and your problems you have encountered. How has Cyclone responded?
Several times? 1 comment in 1 post...?? My Cyclone? Not sure where you are coming from....

I said Heartland products in general. I work at an RV dealership, and Heartland is one product we don't carry for very specific reasons.

As far as interiors, maybe you are looking at the wrong products.....several manufacturers use interior designers and name brand furniture in their interiors. Is it the toyhaulers you are whining about? The traditionally are very "industrial" looking, and made to take the wear and tear of active use.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Wait till you see the Special Edition by Duck Dynasty,lay out by Uncle Si! It has a lot more Class than a standard Deer Hunter Special! Youroo!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
IMO, if you are buying your RV based on the interior, instead of build quality, reputation, etc, you are on the wrong path.....

Just my FYI.

Again, in my opinion, Heartland makes a good looking piece, but that's where it ends....
He's saying you should pay more attention to the structure and how's it built, not just the interior design. And he used Heartland as an example for poor build quality with a pretty interior, not to promote them on a FRF.

And I agree.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Have you seen the XLR Thunderbolt toy haulers? They are beautifully designed interiors from the countertops to the beautiful glass tinted bevel doors!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe he is complaining here because those other brands may not have as active a forum as forest river. however, since no toy hauler to this point that i am aware of has met the posters likes, maybe he should just get an enclosed wells cargo trailer, and rent cabins/condos in the area he likes to play with his toys in. the price difference between wells cargo ( or similar) and toy hauler will rent lots of cabins/condos/motels.

but good luck in your search. a coworker has a 40 ft toy hauler, raptor, that is extremely nice. very spendy, but very nice.

Tags
5th wheel, road warrior, toyhauler, voltage