Old 07-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #1

Help !!! Someone stoled my floor

Long story short, I noticed a leak outside whilest we were camping last week. I was sitting outside and there was water dripping out from where the front corner of the shower is.

I already knew what was happening, water was coming from that spot and leaking.

Fast forward to today where I unscrewed the access panel (way to small) under the tub. I was amazed to see that someone had stolen a section of my floor where the P trap is. So there is nothing between mother nature and us but the tarp covering underneath.

I figure that they did this to give the trap some room. As it is a plastic tub and flexible.

I am going to cut the covering and screw in 2x2 around the edge of the opening from the bottom. Then using a piece of plywood, screw it into the 2x2's thus giving the P trap it's room and closing off the entrance to any thing seeking cold/warmth from the elements. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_154300267_HDR.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	208999

tyler811 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
Head Rambler

That's typical. The covering is pretty animal proof, but closing it off is a good idea and adding some insulation wouldn't hurt anything either.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

Typical factory workmanship...

We had something similar next to the furnace. A flexible duct ran down into the underbelly and came back up in the kitchen area. They just whacked a big square-ish hole in the subfloor plywood for the duct and called it a day. I screwed and glued some 1x2 around the perimeter and then screwed some 5/8" ply onto that with a hole in it for the duct.

I found a few other "oversize" holes in the floor for plumbing and used some spray foam to seal them all up.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #4

Im not sure if it was a plan. The bedroom in our unit has NO HEAT. No duct and not a simple way to get heat in there as storage and floor level affect it. I need to remove the chloroplast and see if I can add there.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, led