Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #11
From what I have researched, what matters the most is what TYPE of slide it is and the DESIGN of the slide. The 3100 SS has an above floor model with 1 motor and one long shaft that drives both sides. Proven design for over 10 years with minimal issues IMO. Some of the newer mh's have different designs that have multiple motors that need to work in synch with each other and seem to have more problems due to the complexity of the design.
That was the deciding factor with my wife and I buying a 3100 SS. Good luck in whatever you choose.

ActionJackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
Hi we have 4 slides and other than getting a couple of bad hydraulic lines which were replaced on warranty, no real problem . We do have a couple of lines leaking, but I'm going to seal the lines with hydraulic sealer before we go out again. Never had a failure. Just keep an eye on the hydraulic lines and reservoir.

Bubbamace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #13
All of our tt's for the last 20 years (4 tt's and 1 fifth wheel) have had slides and the only issue was a burnt out relay on our 1995 Prowler.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
We just bought our 3rd trailer (1st with slides)...can't believe we waited so long!!! No issues with either of our 2 slides...yet!
Michael,Keli and Dawson McCabe
Round Rock, Texas
2015 FR Wildwood 29QBDS (34 ft)
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 ltr V8
3.92 rear axel ratio
Soonermikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #15
When we bought our first fiver we looked at one with a dining/couch slide and some without slides

Nothing compared to the room a slide gives - first rig was a 1995 Dutchmen which we sold and its still on the road - built better back then!

Next one had a bedroom slide too so we moved to two slides - woo hoo!!

Current rig has three slides, two opposing in rear living and bedroom all with slide toppers

Would never consider rig without slides
heavynlori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #16
You have to have slides ... they make all the difference in the world when you're parked! We had a problem once and my husband was able to bring it back in manually. Forest River covered it under warranty. Looking back ... when we bought our motorhome, we noticed the latch on the kitchen counter extension was bent ... the dealer replaced it. I have a feeling it happened when someone opened the slide without unhooking the latch, stressing/damaging the gears on the slide. We've had no problems since then ... our Berkshire is a 2008.
Kim Berkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #17
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
PM is the key to any item surviving. Keep them lubed had 3 trailer know and never a malfunction. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #18
3170DS Sunseeker here. Slides are awesome, really increases the living space. Have only owned for a couple months but so far no issues. We love the space. As a matter of fact, just got back from a long weekend and I'm sitting in my driveway on the couch watching TV while the kids have some friends over. Nice and quiet in
Snyder Family - Pelham, NH
2015 Sunseeker 3170DS
jaibyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:03 PM   #19
What do you all use to grease the slide? Just regular grease?
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #20
The best is a dry lube so as not to build up dirt and other debris that will collect. There are a number of good dry products including dry graphite.

Jerry. Vietnam vet.
jgahlhoff is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out