Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 106
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT AND HELP TO OTHERS.[/QUOTE]
X12 Jim
__________________

__________________
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
I thought I saw where Herk was wrong once...but I was mistaken

Thanks for all you do here on FRF Herk!
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Do a forum search and you will find several instances where I was wrong.

Mostly because I had accepted an "internet expert" as an authority and re-posted his "facts" without independently at least trying to verify the information as correct.

I try never to forward emails I get, especially the ones that agree with my philosophy, without fact checking now. There is so much "crap" being fired around the system that fact checking is required before hitting the "forward" button. Accept nothing as "fact" without checking it out for yourself as best you can.

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
It is a curse believe me....

lol - I have learned that being right is never an excuse when it comes to the DW...
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
lol - I have learned that being right is never an excuse when it comes to the DW...
Secret for long marriage:

When you find you are wrong, apologize; when find you are right, apologize immediately.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Do a forum search and you will find several instances where I was wrong.

Mostly because I had accepted an "internet expert" as an authority and re-posted his "facts" without independently at least trying to verify the information as correct.

I try never to forward emails I get, especially the ones that agree with my philosophy, without fact checking now. There is so much "crap" being fired around the system that fact checking is required before hitting the "forward" button. Accept nothing as "fact" without checking it out for yourself as best you can.

No one is right all the time but I have found that you are right more often than not. On your opinion type posts even when I don't 100% agree I respect your opinions as they are usually well thought out and make me review my thinking. Please keep doing what you are doing and know that a lot of us appreciate it!
__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #17
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Secret for long marriage:

When you find you are wrong, apologize; when find you are right, apologize immediately.
they should put that on fortune cookies!
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 96
Herk has answered questions that I didn't even know to ask yet. I have been able to complete alot of my mods from information that I have gathered from Herk from questions that other members have asked.
__________________
electrician549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Secret for long marriage:

When you find you are wrong, apologize; when find you are right, apologize immediately.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
Graduate Member
 
RoadTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 508
I imagine the Herkbrary as some classical room with 50 foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers and hundreds of rows of books.

And one whole wall of diagrams, posters and owners manuals, all encased in plastic covers and cross referenced. It would be awe-inspiring, with Herk sitting at the help desk in the middle, with a sign that says "Free information" and on the other side "Gone Rving".
__________________

__________________
--2009 Sunseeker 2860DS (Class C)
- one Hotwife, and two boys under 2(with one on the way!)
2013 - 53 days
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.