Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #1

Hide-a-bed with air mattress

Hello.
We just ordered our new fifth wheel (Flagstaff 8528RKSS) and we chose the hide-a-bed option. Apparently it comes with an air mattress. Can anyone share their experiences with these. Do you have to inflate it?

Thanks,

Bill
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Yes, you have to inflate it and it comes with a 12vdc air pump. You also deflate it (vacuum it out) with the same pump. Either operation takes about two minutes. Just long enought to get your PJ's on!

All the pillows and blankets go into the handy under sofa storage area. That's pretty neat, as long as you remember to dig all that out BEFORE you pump up the bed!

We will order the Rockwood version of that same trailer this fall, we hope.

What I want to know is, how does the bed sleep?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Yes, you have to inflate it and it comes with a 12vdc air pump. You also deflate it (vacuum it out) with the same pump. Either operation takes about two minutes. Just long enought to get your PJ's on!

All the pillows and blankets go into the handy under sofa storage area. That's pretty neat, as long as you remember to dig all that out BEFORE you pump up the bed!

We will order the Rockwood version of that same trailer this fall, we hope.

What I want to know is, how does the bed sleep?
KU4OJ, from N6OVZ.
Our local dealer did not have one in stock with this option.
Sounds like it works just like our coleman blow up cushions.
We looked at Rockwood but our Flagstaff dealer was $1,800 lower and has a better reputation. Looks to me like it's the same box with different stickers.

73's

Bill
N6ovz
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
KU4OJ, from N6OVZ.
Our local dealer did not have one in stock with this option.
Sounds like it works just like our coleman blow up cushions.
We looked at Rockwood but our Flagstaff dealer was $1,800 lower and has a better reputation. Looks to me like it's the same box with different stickers.

73's

Bill
N6ovz
It is the same box with different stickers.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #5

We have that bed in out 2008 Flagstaff 831BHSS. I have not personally slept on it, however, my mother in law and my son and his wife have all slept on it. In law is 200 lbs as is sons wife. All said it sleeps good. I have laid down on it but that is no test. Hope this helps.
Mickey
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
We have that bed in out 2008 Flagstaff 831BHSS. I have not personally slept on it, however, my mother in law and my son and his wife have all slept on it. In law is 200 lbs as is sons wife. All said it sleeps good. I have laid down on it but that is no test. Hope this helps.
Mickey
Yes that is helpful....Thank you.

How about the power awning? Is that working well for you. My dealer said that they are standard on the 08's.

Bill
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #7

We just bought a Rockwood 8265S today that has the Hide-A-Bed option. Will pick the trailer up next Saturday after prep, etc. Glad to know it isn't a pain to inflate/deflate mattress.
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Yes that is helpful....Thank you.

How about the power awning? Is that working well for you. My dealer said that they are standard on the 08's.

Bill
Mine does NOT have power awning. Purchased June 2007. Dealer says it is 2008 as does title. Must be EARLY 2008. Could be lots of changes since it was built. Do not know the build date. I am very happy with this TT.
Mickey
Old 02-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Mine does NOT have power awning. Purchased June 2007. Dealer says it is 2008 as does title. Must be EARLY 2008. Could be lots of changes since it was built. Do not know the build date. I am very happy with this TT.
Mickey

When we were adding up all of the options we wanted, the power awning came up as a "standard option" in the dealers computer. Must have been just added. BTW..... Do you have the black tank rinse? How has that worked for you? I think that is a excellent feature.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:

73's

Bill
N6ovz
Bill,

I assume that's the dealers reputation your are speaking of, and not the trailer, since they are all built on the same line. BTW, does your trailer have the little wardrobe on both sides of the bed or just one?

Check us out over on openroadsradio.net! (Run by some of the same folks that run this site)

Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #11

I suggest go to wal mart and buy a memory foam mattress pad we got one for our airbed and my daughter loves it and it also protects it from punctures and we also got one for our bed too makes a world of difference
Old 02-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Bill,

I assume that's the dealers reputation your are speaking of, and not the trailer, since they are all built on the same line. BTW, does your trailer have the little wardrobe on both sides of the bed or just one?

Check us out over on openroadsradio.net! (Run by some of the same folks that run this site)

It's supposed to have the "Little" wardrobes on each side of the bed.
We have only seen one of these in person and it had the all white interior. (not my favorite, we ordered the oak)
I have seen many on line and thay have the wardrobe on each side of the bed and so does the floor plan.

There is a nice tour of this trailer here:
http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com/FS8528RKSS.html

Check it out.

Bill
Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
I suggest go to wal mart and buy a memory foam mattress pad we got one for our airbed and my daughter loves it and it also protects it from punctures and we also got one for our bed too makes a world of difference
Sounds like good advice.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
When we were adding up all of the options we wanted, the power awning came up as a "standard option" in the dealers computer. Must have been just added. BTW..... Do you have the black tank rinse? How has that worked for you? I think that is a excellent feature.

Thanks,

Bill
FIVECODYS;
Not aware of the black tank rinse. I guess I missed a lot of the options. We (wife & I) were looking at rvs and fell for the Flagstaff 831BHSS. Bought it on the spot. Probably should have done more shopping but we are happy. This is by far the most we have ever had in a TT. I guess that is why we like it so well. In a year or two, we may not be so happy. We are not well informed about TT's by any stretch but we ARE learning!
Mickey
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #15
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
FIVECODYS;
Not aware of the black tank rinse.

Mickey
You can add that yourself for about 2 hours work and not much money. In fact most of the "small options" can be added on later...like fans and vent covers, magazine racks and all that stuff.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #16

I have an 08 Flagstaff V -lite, with the airbed couch, however the pump plugs in the 120 v wall outlet near the couch , and has no provisions for 12 v. operation - we bought a battery op. coleman air bed pump and keep that in the drawer under the couch for those non -powered outings! Kids say the bed is VERY comfy,by the way! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air mattress, bed