Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
fivecodys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 318
Hide-a-bed with air mattress

Hello.
We just ordered our new fifth wheel (Flagstaff 8528RKSS) and we chose the hide-a-bed option. Apparently it comes with an air mattress. Can anyone share their experiences with these. Do you have to inflate it?

Thanks,

Bill
__________________

__________________
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist
 
Radio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 1,699
Yes, you have to inflate it and it comes with a 12vdc air pump. You also deflate it (vacuum it out) with the same pump. Either operation takes about two minutes. Just long enought to get your PJ's on!

All the pillows and blankets go into the handy under sofa storage area. That's pretty neat, as long as you remember to dig all that out BEFORE you pump up the bed!

We will order the Rockwood version of that same trailer this fall, we hope.

What I want to know is, how does the bed sleep?
__________________

__________________
KU4OJ
Admin at www.openroadsradio.net, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
fivecodys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Yes, you have to inflate it and it comes with a 12vdc air pump. You also deflate it (vacuum it out) with the same pump. Either operation takes about two minutes. Just long enought to get your PJ's on!

All the pillows and blankets go into the handy under sofa storage area. That's pretty neat, as long as you remember to dig all that out BEFORE you pump up the bed!

We will order the Rockwood version of that same trailer this fall, we hope.

What I want to know is, how does the bed sleep?
KU4OJ, from N6OVZ.
Our local dealer did not have one in stock with this option.
Sounds like it works just like our coleman blow up cushions.
We looked at Rockwood but our Flagstaff dealer was $1,800 lower and has a better reputation. Looks to me like it's the same box with different stickers.

73's

Bill
N6ovz
__________________
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
KU4OJ, from N6OVZ.
Our local dealer did not have one in stock with this option.
Sounds like it works just like our coleman blow up cushions.
We looked at Rockwood but our Flagstaff dealer was $1,800 lower and has a better reputation. Looks to me like it's the same box with different stickers.

73's

Bill
N6ovz
It is the same box with different stickers.
__________________

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Arkansas
Posts: 43
We have that bed in out 2008 Flagstaff 831BHSS. I have not personally slept on it, however, my mother in law and my son and his wife have all slept on it. In law is 200 lbs as is sons wife. All said it sleeps good. I have laid down on it but that is no test. Hope this helps.
Mickey
__________________
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
fivecodys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
We have that bed in out 2008 Flagstaff 831BHSS. I have not personally slept on it, however, my mother in law and my son and his wife have all slept on it. In law is 200 lbs as is sons wife. All said it sleeps good. I have laid down on it but that is no test. Hope this helps.
Mickey
Yes that is helpful....Thank you.

How about the power awning? Is that working well for you. My dealer said that they are standard on the 08's.

Bill
__________________
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Member
 
CamperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 48
We just bought a Rockwood 8265S today that has the Hide-A-Bed option. Will pick the trailer up next Saturday after prep, etc. Glad to know it isn't a pain to inflate/deflate mattress.
__________________
CamperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Arkansas
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
Yes that is helpful....Thank you.

How about the power awning? Is that working well for you. My dealer said that they are standard on the 08's.

Bill
Mine does NOT have power awning. Purchased June 2007. Dealer says it is 2008 as does title. Must be EARLY 2008. Could be lots of changes since it was built. Do not know the build date. I am very happy with this TT.
Mickey
__________________
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
fivecodys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Mine does NOT have power awning. Purchased June 2007. Dealer says it is 2008 as does title. Must be EARLY 2008. Could be lots of changes since it was built. Do not know the build date. I am very happy with this TT.
Mickey

When we were adding up all of the options we wanted, the power awning came up as a "standard option" in the dealers computer. Must have been just added. BTW..... Do you have the black tank rinse? How has that worked for you? I think that is a excellent feature.

Thanks,

Bill
__________________
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Cyber Phrenologist
 
Radio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
We looked at Rockwood but our Flagstaff dealer was $1,800 lower and has a better reputation. Looks to me like it's the same box with different stickers.

73's

Bill
N6ovz
Bill,

I assume that's the dealers reputation your are speaking of, and not the trailer, since they are all built on the same line. BTW, does your trailer have the little wardrobe on both sides of the bed or just one?

Check us out over on openroadsradio.net! (Run by some of the same folks that run this site)
__________________

__________________
KU4OJ
Admin at www.openroadsradio.net, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air mattress, bed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.