Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Florida Member

High school Football

Does anyone else have kids playing? How are they doing? As some of you have probably seen in another reply my sons team just made the playoffs! They have a new coach this year, the team had been 0-24 now they are 7-2 with one regular season game left.Then it's off to Jacksonville for playoffs. I got my last few days of vacation aproved today, so we are going to find an RV park and go camping around Saint Augustine( a little over half way). I can't wait, I love watching him play and I love camping.
'92 Son, Barely used
'71 Wife, spoiled rotten, but in great shape
'99 Miniture Cocker Spaniel, spoiled rotten, almost as much as '71 wife.
'08 "Chug", running in a dead tie for second as far as being as spoiled as '71 wife.
Scuba Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Both of my kids were in the band. The band was always better than the football team, as they won more competitions and trophies. They were invited to the 2000 Olympics in Sidney, Australia, which cost me about $4000!!

Radio
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Florida Member

I was a band geek thru middle school and my freshman year of high school. He tried band in middle, but didn't like the instuctor so gave it up. THis is his second year playing football, he never liked getting dirty or sweaty. We asked him why he wanted to play now after never showing an intrest in sports before, his reply was " girls like football players". Well, who am I to argue with that logic? It may have been his motivation in the beginning, but then he got moved to varsity this year. Not bad for a sophmore who had never played the game before last year! (Can you tell I'm a proud dad?) The biggest thing I have to do is learn the game also, so I know what he's doing.
'92 Son, Barely used
'08 "Chug", running in a dead tie for second as far as being as spoiled as '71 wife.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

At my kids high school, the football players NEVER poked fun at the band kids. They knew better. There were 40 or so on the football team, a dozen cheerleaders, 240 musiciansin the band, not including the flag corps, drill team, and their chaperones. Every band kid had at least one parent at nearly every game. At $5 per head at the gate...do the math!

We sure went to a lot of those games...

Radio
Old 11-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #5
Florida Member

I meen no disrespect with the band geek coment, I enjoyed band when in middle school. It just got too competitive in high school. I know what you meen about going to all their events, we've been to every game his team has played since he joined the team. My wife is that crazy parent who cheers and yells louder than most of the kids at the game. Between her and her mom the team can't help know they are being supported. I tease them about being so loud, but wouldn't want it any other way. Oh and to tell you the kind of players we have, the FIRST thing they do after a game is thank the band for the support then they get into their huddle with the coach.
'92 Son, Barely used
Old 11-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Cyber Phrenologist

Smile none taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stan View Post
I meen no disrespect with the band geek coment, I enjoyed band when in middle school.
Oh no, none taken. It's just that at Fayette County High the band has always been regarded as "Awsome" and the football team, try as they might, always were sort of ho-hum, exept for that magic year back in 1999....

As far as "band geek" I understand that term of endearment for anyone who has lived it...my kids wouldn't trade their band experience for anything. And my wife was the drum major at her high school. I have no musical tallent at all and so feel sort of left out.

Encourge you boy...this is a positive thing, win or lose, that will give him happy memories his whole life.

Now baseball, the Tigers will whup your @ss at baseball!

Radio