Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #21

Why would anyone buy a tract of land there knowing that they can't park a TT there WTH. ON 5 acres you should be able to do what you want there

Amateur Radio W5CI 2016 Days Camping 50
2017 Days Camping 77
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Why would anyone buy a tract of land there knowing that they can't park a TT there WTH. ON 5 acres you should be able to do what you want there
It's all relative... We moved from a very small lot where you could shake your neighbors hand through the window! My next place will be 35+ acres next to a fishing stream in the hills!

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
These are the kind of 5 acre lots near me. Wouldn't want to mess them up with an ugly RV.

http://binged.it/1Tjaibd

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
In my area, the 5 acre lots have $500,000+ houses and no RV's. The 1/4 acre lots have $50,000 houses and RV's.

It's an interesting juxtaposition.

Just an observation.
ya around here if you buy a 5 acre lot you can do what you want put a $50,000 or a 5 million dollar house its up to you........... and you can park your 1950 Airstream or your 2017 Airstream. .................... as long as it has tags.

But our neighbors have 30 living in their place....... nice folks try to invite them for dinner......... tasty.........

Very few HOAs here

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
Just curious as to other HOA covenants around the country. I'm on our HOA board of 32 homes and our covenants state no storage of trailers/RVs. However, there is no time-frame stipulated in the current covenants.

Just to give you the local setting, we are 20 miles southeast of Denver in a rural farmland setting. Each lot is 5 acres with very few trees (open rolling hills).

We have debated setting a 72 hr window for cleaning/maintenance/etc but can't seem to reach a consensus. Several houses have invested in barns and we've even discussed allowing campers between Memorial Day & Labor Day.

With no time limit currently set, if someone is paying for storage, it's difficult to enforce the covenant if they have an RV in the driveway for a couple of weeks.

Just curious as to other HOA regulations that people operate under. As our neighborhood experiences turnover in houses, I'm seeing more of a snob mentality (someone complains after 3 days) which does not fit our rural setting and is the reason we moved from the burbs out to the prairie.

Having a camper ourselves, as long as the area around it is maintained (mowed), I don't have an issue with them being parked beside the house.

I welcome any feedback.
Rural area and not allowed to park your rv there . one reason i'll never own a home where their is an hoa . why pay for a house a place to live and then be controlled by others as to what you can or can not do . I'm full timing it now , have been for a yr . rented my house with the stipulation that when i come back in spring and fall to re-group i park it in my front yard . well more then a yard over 3.5 acres and stay as long as needed . but i can do that i'm not part of an hoa.

I live in Cedaredge my son is in Johnstown [front range] and all the houses there have room in the backyard for boats and rv and have hoa's . same for the grand junction area mostly . I even parked on the street of both my sons homes for a week each with out the hoa's throwing a hiss-e fit .
if the place your at is wound up that tight i'd move
Old 05-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

But our neighbors have 30 living in their place....... nice folks try to invite them for dinner......... tasty.........

Very few HOAs here

Quoting Hannibal Lector?
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #27
Cyber Phrenologist

Back in 1988 when we bought our house... the sub-division of 64 houses had a fairly active HOA. And campers in yards were frowned upon. But after 29 years there has been so much churn of the residents I don't think it even exists anymore.

But before I bought the camper (in 2008) home I documented 14 campers, 3 boats, 1 derelict pickup truck and 20+ mailbox violations. (All mailboxes are supposed to be alike)

So I brought the 5th wheel home and parked it in the back yard. Other that 2 neighbors that wanted to have a look inside, no one has said anything about it.
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post

Quoting Hannibal Lector?
Our neighbors are very tasty who knows whose table they turned up on...........................
sorry getting way off topic

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post

The original owners like myself moved here for the rural privacy and seclusion. But as new owners move in, the expectations are moving more to a "citi-fied" expectation.
There's the crux of your problem. We are starting to see the same thing where I live. We are out in the unincorporated county and most of the original folks came from rural or outdoors backgrounds. We even maintained a neighborhood deer hunting permit for many years so we could hunt in wooded areas that make our backyards. We've already had one of the newer city neighbors complain about neighborhood kids playing in the woods and stated they don't like the hunting. As to the hunting we told them nicely they will have to get used to the gun shots as just about everybody inside or outside the subdivision hunts on theirs or family's property. Our plan, if we can last that long, is to move further out once the DW retires as the county is just becoming too urban for us.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #30

I wouldn't buy with a hoa for that reason. We live in town on a dead end street, only me and ppl across the street have any reason to be there. Parked our tt on the street for years no issues until someone new moved into the neighborhood and complained. Our desire is to move out rural to get away from the rule nazis.