Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #21

I called FR yesterday and they dont provide plumbing drawings, they have too many models to make this a practical thing for them. they were responsive to my questions though and explained that my tt should have a 33 gal tank for the kitchen sink, and a 33 gallon tank for bathroom sink/shower, the brochure says it has 66 gallon grey capacity but you can tell by the outlet plumbing it comes from two different tanks
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #22
RJW

Smile Tank Plumbing

from reading this thread I'd believe the tanks are plumed wrong for sure,

if you dont have underbelly easy to see, simply look at plumbing drop from shower, should go to larger tank (grey) drop from Kitchen should to go galley(grey smaller tank)

since you have one outlet both tanks should drain into that line individually with separate valves.

If you do have underbelly it will have to be removed to access problem,

if in fact this is the case the only resolution is to replumb the whole thing, draining the shower and bath sink into the large tank, the kitchen sink into the small tank.

and FYI you dont want to be caught draining any water onto the ground in most camping areas( even if it is from the kitchen) big fines and or removal from camp ground,

Regards, best of luck.

2006 Expedition 4x4 w/HD tow package
5.4L 4 speed auto w/OD 3.73
tow rated 8200
2008 Cougar XLite 30FKS
gvwr 7800

Alvarado TX
RJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 AM   #23
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
My immediate suggestion would be to do a bit of experimenting at home, with clean water, and see exactly which fixtures drain into which tank. Then have a talk with the dealer.

An immediate work-around is to use a full hookup site and leave both the gray and galley tank valves open. Then, if you think you need to, fill both up before leaving and flush them out. (After dumping the black tank.)

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #24

911 I have just had this problem or not, before the last two dumps . WE as a group noticed dripping from the black tank eek full now this last weekend dripping from a gray tank I also have a galley,gray and black water on my 27bhbs. MY question is this normal when tanks are full as the gages are by gee or by gosh as far as readings being accurate.
hail chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #25

I have a 2006 Forester that has the 3 holding tanks also. However after we ran into the same problem we discovered that the kitchen and the shower drain to the Galley while only the bathroom sink goes to the grey and the toilet actually worked fine and went to the black.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #26

Did you have the water coming from the top somewhere running down the side then to the center and drip drip drip I can not see this as being normal but who knows with forest river!. If as I suspect this is wrong what do I do?. I am a old auto body man so tearing into something does not scare me but I could use some direction Thanks in advance Bob.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #27

If they all run to a common outlet, you could always add another blade valve on the outlet downstream from where they join. Keep both your galley and grey valves open until you dump so they share capacity. Just make sure, before you dump close them so you can flush your black after draining it.
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #28
SandPiper 345 QB

In order to trouble shoot you could open your gray tank valve and turn on the bathroom sink and see if the water runs out.
Do the same with the shower and see if it drains out. If not close the gray and open the galley drain and see if the shower drains.
I believe they plumbed your shower to the wrong tank.
IIFID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #29

Ok found an answer from my FR dealer tech the holding tanks have vent tubes put in with rubber grommets and when over full water is forced out as he put it is it has to go somewhere.The other option is if the elbow frose abd cracked it could drip but would drip all the time. I am glad for the easy fix.