Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Ok.... Good post until the last line which completely devalued anything else you said.....
You must be one of those type of people. I buy and appreciate quality, but have found on this subject, there are folks who have to have the appearance of the best at any cost. Silly even if you have money to burn. It would have cost me more to fix the "so called best" Honda than it cost me to buy a new Champion which was a 3100 with a decent warranty. Sorry sir if I hit a nerve.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #22

I wanted a Honda 2000 after I bought my Aframe but a friend had a Honda 3000ei still in the box but 2 years old for $600
It weighs 147 lbs empty but I couldn't pass up the price. Had a welder install a hitch on the back of the Aframe and bought a rack where it stays
It is so efficient and quiet and let's me run everything simultaneously
2011 Toyota Highlander
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendOrLarry View Post
You must be one of those type of people.
I am definitely a type of people.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #24

We like the Yamaha's features.
Briggs and Stratton is getting into the small generator market. Any reviews?
SkipBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #25
Insert witty title here

I bought a Champion simply because it's a quality generator that costs significantly less than it's other brand equivalents.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
(Dry Huunday)

It seems you never hear anyone saying a Honda is "as good as a xxxxxx brand just more expensive."

It is always "good as a Honda"........just sayin.

Just an observation.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:11 PM   #27

I bought my EU2000 several years ago and it works great for the few times a year I need it. We must remember that Honda earned their place in a time and market with few real competitors, at least for inverter gens. Times change, technology improves, and competition appears.
Anyone else notice that Honda engines are not as common in lawn equipment these days? I am in the market for a 3Kw generator now and anxiously follow the reviews on the relatively new Briggs & Stratton inverter gens.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwppwc View Post
So true. Why even have the discussion when we all know Ram trucks are the best at breaking?!

FTFY
Old 09-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #29

I have a Yamaha 6300 that I was using when we were dry camping but now it powers 75% of my house. Ultra quiet, smooth and remote start. Over 500 hours on it and still running like it was brand new.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
It seems you never hear anyone saying a Honda is "as good as a xxxxxx brand just more expensive."

It is always "good as a Honda"........just sayin.

Just an observation.
I don't follow the reasoning of this post at all,.... its not the "other brand" owners who challenge the Honda owners when they've chosen Honda and not the "other brand", its the other way around,..... its some Honda owners who present the greatness of the Honda and a condemnation of anything that's "not" Honda,...... for an "other brand" owner to respond that their gen. is "just as good" as yours, seems right to me,..... how would you say it differently? They aren't saying the Honda owners gen. choice is bad, like some Honda owners say about their gen. choice, they're just saying that they're happy and satisfied with their gen. choice and why should that bother you or anyone else?

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
I don't follow the reasoning of this post at all,.... its not the "other brand" owners who challenge the Honda owners when they've chosen Honda and not the "other brand", its the other way around,..... its some Honda owners who present the greatness of the Honda and a condemnation of anything that's "not" Honda,...... for an "other brand" owner to respond that their gen. is "just as good" as yours, seems right to me,..... how would you say it differently? They aren't saying the Honda owners gen. choice is bad, like some Honda owners say about their gen. choice, they're just saying that they're happy and satisfied with their gen. choice and why should that bother you or anyone else?
Makes about as much sense as either of your posts. I've read lots of posts where other brand owners condemn Honda owners for being extravagant spenders. Any time you stereotype anybody you are going to cause push back which I believe was your original intent.

Oh, and where I'm from (farm/ranch) everybody wears wranglers. Only city folks wore Levi's......😁
Old 09-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #32

When I bought my Honda 2000 I was driving a 2001 Ford F1 Bucket 'O Rust so I was clearly not out to impress anyone with my material goods. I took the recommendations of fellow campers and personal impressions of the noise levels of various brands. There were not the available choices you see today. If someone spots my Honda and thinks I'm putting on airs - they are the ones with a problem, not me.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
When I bought my Honda 2000 I was driving a 2001 Ford F1 Bucket 'O Rust so I was clearly not out to impress anyone with my material goods. I took the recommendations of fellow campers and personal impressions of the noise levels of various brands. There were not the available choices you see today. If someone spots my Honda and thinks I'm putting on airs - they are the ones with a problem, not me.
Well said!!
Old 09-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #34

I bought the Champions based on price. I needed a generator that runs and produce electricity. Didn't matter to me if it is red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, polka dot. Champions have great reviews at a reasonable price.

I looked at other brands, but I was able to buy Champion at Lowe's for a discounted price....SOLD

If someone looks down at me because of the brand of genny I have, than they can look all they want because I don't want to TALK to them. They can keep walking!!!

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafenJulie View Post
Cut my teeth on Honda 90 back in 64.
I have my original 1978 Honda CX500.
Put 37,000 miles on a 2004 HD Sportster in 15 months.
I bought a 2010 HD Road King in August, 2009. Put 93,000 miles on this big dog in approximately four years.
No bar hopping for me. Strictly commuter one hundred miles a day, rain, shine, thunder or storm.
Splittin' lanes at 80 from Fontana, in Berdoo to the Los Angeles basin where I would bring it down to 75 all the way to L.A.
Can't say nothing bad about Asian bikes.
But after riding my Harley's for 140,000 miles in the recent past, I would never ever buy or ride anything else.
Just one note:
Harley Davidson scooters are routinely rebuilt and restored by innumerable bike shops.
When or where do you see Asian bike engines rebuilt and restored?
Rarely.
Whereas the HD rebuild and restoration market/industry is abundant.
Maybe the HD rebuild and restoration market/industry is abundant because so many of them need rebuilt where as the Asian bikes don't. A Honda Gold Wing will far outlast a HD Electraglide. Actually there are many shops restoring Asian bikes if you look. Japanese bikes are now becoming very collectible......something I didn't think I would ever see.
7th day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I bought the Champions based on price. I needed a generator that runs and produce electricity. Didn't matter to me if it is red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, polka dot. Champions have great reviews at a reasonable price.

I looked at other brands, but I was able to buy Champion at Lowe's for a discounted price....SOLD

If someone looks down at me because of the brand of genny I have, than they can look all they want because I don't want to TALK to them. They can keep walking!!!
It's the Honda owners who feel their sense of superiority is being challenged by anyone who has the audacity to even suggest that there might be another choice of generator much less, dare I SAY, a BETTER choice than a Honda.
You Honda owners enjoy your genny, and the rest of us will enjoy ours and have a bunch of cash left over to buy some beer.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendOrLarry View Post
............and the rest of us will enjoy ours and have a bunch of cash left over to buy some beer.
Lots of beer and maybe a couple more solar panels so we can really enjoy our beer in peace.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th day View Post
Maybe the HD rebuild and restoration market/industry is abundant because so many of them need rebuilt where as the Asian bikes don't. A Honda Gold Wing will far outlast a HD Electraglide. Actually there are many shops restoring Asian bikes if you look. Japanese bikes are now becoming very collectible......something I didn't think I would ever see.
Not sure that the fact they are now considered a collectable means very much. Some people collect spoons! LOL
Old 09-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
Lots of beer and maybe a couple more solar panels so we can really enjoy our beer in peace.
Good one. Hope you all get together and enjoy sharing a couple of beers, whether you're wearing Lee jeans, powering up with a Yamaha or sitting astride a Kawasaki.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #40
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Makes about as much sense as either of your posts. I've read lots of posts where other brand owners condemn Honda owners for being extravagant spenders. Any time you stereotype anybody you are going to cause push back which I believe was your original intent.

Oh, and where I'm from (farm/ranch) everybody wears wranglers. Only city folks wore Levi's......��
Yea, I thought it was pretty simple....but then again...
FWIW I dont look down on or care what anyone owns....whether a generator or truck or camper or Beer. To each their own.
But at this time Honda has pretty much set the bar and it appears some brands have met those standards. But even though Honda's are the most expensive everyone still compares to Honda.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote