Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'RV safe' toilet paper also comes labeled 'septic safe' and is found on your grocery store shelves. There are several brands that are there. I've read that you can tell a safe tp by putting a few squares in a clear jar of water and shaking it (with a lid on it), and if it disintegrates, you're good to go. We have yet to use that sandpaper they call tp bought in an RV store and never have problems. Water is your best friend as it's been said. Lots of it!
David,

Re-read this post: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1459296 and the next one

And just remember, you do not need "Septic Safe" TP - we have holding tanks, not septic tanks

(Although at 3-ish weeks between dumps, I suspect I have quite a bit of biologic activity in our holding tank )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #42

Bob - yep, I went off topic. My apologies.
To answer the OP, I store my flush hose in a plastic tub with other black tank items. The tub rides in the bed of the truck.
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #43

Quote:
Bob - yep, I went off topic. My apologies.
David,

Nah! No Apologies needed - I think we were all OT

I was just commenting on your post about "RV Safe" TP and the Water dissolve test
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #44

Well, even though OT, the discussion was useful. I'm going back to the TP from our S&B once we exhaust the RV Safe stuff I bought last fall. Local RV place had a special - 5 cents a roll with a limit of 6 rolls per visit. The place is close to home, so every time I went by, I got some more, I think I have a 2 year supply....
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'RV safe' toilet paper also comes labeled 'septic safe' and is found on your grocery store shelves. There are several brands that are there. I've read that you can tell a safe tp by putting a few squares in a clear jar of water and shaking it (with a lid on it), and if it disintegrates, you're good to go. We have yet to use that sandpaper they call tp bought in an RV store and never have problems. Water is your best friend as it's been said. Lots of it!
X2 to lots of water. We do 10-second flushes (the toilet, not the tank).

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #46
Canadian Member

I was Post #20 in response to the OP's question.

Continuing on the off topic discussion, I always post a link to this video when the subject of tank rinsing solutions comes up.

If you're using a chemical or other product like "RV Digest-It" to break down the contents in the black tank, I would agree that RV-specific TP is not necessary. If, on the other hand, your black tank will build up for 3 weeks with no treatment in it, it would be a good idea to use TP that dissolves better.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
X2!!

We always flush our black tank at least twice. We full time and have found that we get about 3 weeks of use before we need to dump (we always dump when completely full). After dumping, we close the valve and fill the tank with the black tank rinse. Dump and repeat until nothing but clear water comes out. Then we close the valve and put @ 5 gal of water (via the black tank rinse) in the tank.

We also use the blue streak chemical dispenser.

Nary a problem. [emoji106]

P.S. The thought of poking anything up the dump tube to release a clog ...how do you catch what comes out?! [emoji33]
I don't go up through the black water valve. I shut the water off, then open the toilet and prod the PEX tube down the hole with the black water valve open. The last 2 ft of the PEX is bent at about 20 degrees. By rotating the bent tube, it finds its way down to the outlet and breaks the jam loose. "Jam" as in clogged.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #48
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Heck....That's no fun!....lol
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
I don't go up through the black water valve. I shut the water off, then open the toilet and prod the PEX tube down the hole with the black water valve open. The last 2 ft of the PEX is bent at about 20 degrees. By rotating the bent tube, it finds its way down to the outlet and breaks the jam loose. "Jam" as in clogged.
Well, it'd be a sure fire way to clear out the lookie-loos in a skinny minute I'm guessing. All you'd see is dust when you look up.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank