Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #1

House Of Camping, Chicago

We bought our new Rockwood at House of Camping in Bridgeview,IL. I think we got a good deal but I'm not happy with the walk thru was handled 1st we were there 4 1/2 hrs, our appoinment was set for 12:30 it was 2:30 before our walk thru that went ok then we had to wait another 45 mins to sign the papers then we waiting for the service guy to fix a few things which was ok but what got me upset was they were going to move my equilizer hitch to the new camper all the sevice guy did was move the brackets from my old TT to the new one I was expecting him to remeasure the to make sure everything was the same between the two TT's I know it wasn't because on the way home the truck and TT bounced so bad. So it looks like I'll have to find a level spot to reset the hitch.

I guess I'm not really looking for advise. Just

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #2

I got my trailer their . They were ok. I had to bring it back for a few things that had to be adjusted or alined witch they should have caught before delivery. Walk-threw was on time but seemed kinda rushed.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Site Team

i got my Roo from them, back in 2006 and had the opposite experience.

they took their time and i wasn't rushed. they installed my Equalizer for free, even thought they sold Reese.
the walk-thru was very thorough and pleasant.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #4

Our apology.

Mike,

This is George Andrews from the House of Camping and I came across your concerns in the forum. I had not heard of any problems from the Saturday delivery when you picked up your new 8319SS Rockwood. I do recall you brought your trade in on the same day of delivery for us to inspect which took some additional time. Our service manager Jim Rains had to make sure that the 2008 Zinger travel trailer was in working order to ensure that when we resell the unit it has a guarantee. We typically like to have the trade in brought in ahead of time so that we can dedicate all our attention to delivering the new unit. I guess due to the distance and the timing this was not possible. There was also some concern about the modifications that were done with the trade in. The entire kitchen dinette area had been taken out of the unit and made into a small table and two chair seating area which we were not made aware of which has made it difficult for us to resell. For over 45 years we have prided ourselves with a strong customer service relationship. It is always a difficult task when a customer does not communicate with our dealership with his or her concerns and chooses the www or as I like to call it the wild wild wild web to vent there concerns. If you would like to contact me at the dealership I would be more then happy to go over all your concerns and invite you back to our dealership to make any adjustments necessary.

George Andrews
George Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Andrews View Post
There was also some concern about the modifications that were done with the trade in. The entire kitchen dinette area had been taken out of the unit and made into a small table and two chair seating area which we were not made aware of which has made it difficult for us to resell.
George - could you please explain a little more how modications could affect an unit being resellable? Just trying to see it from another point of view. Is it because the layout does not match the specs or information provided by the maker?

Thanks.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #6

Modifications

Yes,

The modifications that were made are not to the original specs of the trailer manufacturer.
George Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #7

Originally Posted by George Andrews View Post
There was also some concern about the modifications that were done with the trade in. The entire kitchen dinette area had been taken out of the unit and made into a small table and two chair seating area which we were not made aware of which has made it difficult for us to resell.

That would be a plus to me if I were looking for a TT!

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Site Team

the issue is that HOC was not informed of the major mods done to the trailer, that were done to the specific tastes of the owner, not the general public.

i've dealt directly with George and found him to be a straight shooter. i wouldn't of driven 4000 miles round trip to buy from someone who wasn't.

from the "crazy" guy from California.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #9

my only complaint was the hitch setup not being done right
everything else was good with the delivery. It was not fun being on the interstate coming home feeling like I had no control over the camper and no where to stop and no way to readjust the hitch until I got home.

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote