Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 06:25 AM   #1

Houston RV Show 2/6 - 2/10/19

We are going to our first RV show. We have our trailer, but I am looking for a few accessories and tools, and just to see the general chaos.

Any tips or tricks for someone who has never attended one of these shows? Really looking forward to it, but unfortunately we can only spend about 3 hours there.

Who knows, maybe we can upgrade our camper!
Mondaktex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #2

I wish the Nashville show had RV accessories and/or tools, what they did have were vendors from every home repair, guttering installation, roof replacement and window exchange company in the state. Disappointing to say the least.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #3

Hmm. Well I will report back this afternoon on what is at ours.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #4

I think we will make the very long drive to the Novi Mi camper show as it is the closest but still a world away.
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #5

You gotta love the jokers selling RV’s at the shows. We go every year to see what is new (or not). Please don’t buy there.
Last year my wife saw a floor plan she liked at the Tampa show so I said go make your best deal and I will join you in a few.
She told them about her trade and they gave her a “super low” price, only available at the show! Only today!
When I came to join the discussion I got them to reiterate the best price, then dialed one of the well known RV wholesale dealerships in the midwest on my speakerphone asking for his out the door price.
The show guys wanted my trade and 45k, the midwest guy wanted 48k and I could do whatever with my trade. Apples for apples units. Neither deal was done, however later I sold my RV for 22k.
Generally speaking: It is show and tell time, not the time to buy. YMMV
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Mega Member

I went to the Houston RV show on Wednesday---the day it opened. Sorry to report that there were very few RV accessory vendors there.
rgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarner View Post
I went to the Houston RV show on Wednesday---the day it opened. Sorry to report that there were very few RV accessory vendors there.
Agreed. Went Wednesday also.
The show seemed smaller than past years.
Lots of trailers. Very few motorhomes. Only one row with accessories and campsites.
chilidogtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #8

Well, The DW and I were thinking of going Saturday just to look around. Lets see, $12 each to get in, another $12-$15 for parking...Sounds like $40 will be better spent on lunch. We can look around at the many, many dealerships in and around the Houston area for free at any time. And a beer will only cost me $3 at lunch!
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtexx View Post
Well, The DW and I were thinking of going Saturday just to look around. Lets see, $12 each to get in, another $12-$15 for parking...Sounds like $40 will be better spent on lunch. We can look around at the many, many dealerships in and around the Houston area for free at any time. And a beer will only cost me $3 at lunch!

Well that's what I was thinking but the dealers are few and far between here. Plus I have spent 💰 on stupidier things. All the alcohol from my youth comes to mind... sort of...from what I can remember 😂
Old 02-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
Well that's what I was thinking but the dealers are few and far between here. Plus I have spent 💰 on stupidier things. All the alcohol from my youth comes to mind... sort of...from what I can remember 😂
Remember what?
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtexx View Post
Remember what?

😂😁🤣 Exactly
Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaktex View Post
We are going to our first RV show. We have our trailer, but I am looking for a few accessories and tools, and just to see the general chaos.

Any tips or tricks for someone who has never attended one of these shows? Really looking forward to it, but unfortunately we can only spend about 3 hours there.

Who knows, maybe we can upgrade our camper!
We've been there a couple of times.

If it's like past shows, the accessory vendors are in the corridor as you enter the show. Lots of good information about campsites on that corridor. You can download the show layout here.
Houston RV Show at NRG Center - Houston, Texas - Held in February

Friday and Saturday are the best days to go. Everyone starts packing up and leaving on Sunday. Wednesdays are usually setup days.

There are usually lots of trailers because they sell best, but if you head to the outside walls, you can usually find the motorhomes.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #13

My buddy and I spent about 2 hours walking around. I guess if you were really indecisive and wanted to look at a few units under the same roof, maybe it would help, but otherwise it seemed like a waste.

My buddy commented that it was suprising Camping World or someone didn’t set up a big accessory shop. I know there were others like us looking for things, but left empty handed. Someone was selling the Anderson stuff, which was good. Otherwise, it was just like the others said, a few campgrounds, gutters, windows, and salted nuts.

The unit prices didn’t seem to be at steep discounts either, but people were buying. Lots of Class As with sold signs and Camping World had a big wall with little signs congradulating people on purchasing a unit.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
I wish the Nashville show had RV accessories and/or tools, what they did have were vendors from every home repair, guttering installation, roof replacement and window exchange company in the state. Disappointing to say the least.
That's the same for every RV show we have attended. All the non RV vendors sell everything but RV accessories.

2005 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, show