Originally Posted by B and B
Safety Alert. Burning a Propane heater inside the camper creates carbon monoxide. Unless a window and vent is open you could have a build up of CO and loose Oxygen for sustaining life.
Yes, I believe both of us who recommended this option said we crack a window. I think the directions that came with the Buddy heaters instruct that 6 square inches of ventilation is necessary to safely operate one indoors.
We also would turn our Buddy heater off right before we fell asleep for the night just to be safe. The furnace would still run a lot through the night, but at least the Buddy heater saved the battery during all our waking hours.
Another tip for those who cold weather camp with no shore power, use a battery cut off switch (or manually disconnect the battery) when you are out doing activities during the day. The TT will draw a significant amount of amp hours from your battery over the course of days just powering the converter, smoke and CO2 detectors. When you return to camp fire up the Buddy heater on high to heat the TT back up so the furnace doesn't have to do the work.