Old 08-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #11

false full

On my last TT it had a gravity fill and I used a filter with a shut off and hose that I inserted into the tank fill tube. Most of the time if the flow was good the water would go in faster than the air could vent out. So when the tank was about half full it would start to come out the vent or fill. So I had to shut off the water for a minute to let it burp.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
On my last TT it had a gravity fill and I used a filter with a shut off and hose that I inserted into the tank fill tube. Most of the time if the flow was good the water would go in faster than the air could vent out. So when the tank was about half full it would start to come out the vent or fill. So I had to shut off the water for a minute to let it burp.

X2, mine is the same as yours.
I have been thinking about picking up one of these meters but more for a curiosity then need.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471117185.266247.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	117120

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73 gears
2O12 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)

Old 08-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
And just like that... I am a "senior " member.
Congrats!!

Larry W8PO & Lori N8IHJ and Louie the wonder dog
2014 Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS
2015 GMC Denali HD
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #14
Head Rambler

On our last RV the overflow was the vent pipe in the fill fitting. Water shot out of it when the tank was full. On the current RV the overflow is hanging down under the unit right behind the back axle.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
MCTroy

Posts like these make me realize we are not the only ones doing things like this. Thanks!
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayliss View Post
My 2016 Rockwood 8286ws fifth wheel is new and I can't tell when my fresh water tank is full. All my other RV's had an overflow hose and I knew, but not this one. How do I tell??????

I went online and found a hose end water meter, for about $12
Old 08-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
You can make it burp,,, by blowing some air in the air vent with a small hose,,, and letting it spit back on you !!! LOL !!!

Gravity feed must be done very slowly !!! Air vent screen must be clean !!! And remember your system is not full until the W/H is full !!!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #18

Wait till it overflows and if in doubt look at the LED indicators on the inside control panel. All 4 should be lt for the "Fresh" water tank position.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruane View Post
Wait till it overflows and if in doubt look at the LED indicators on the inside control panel. All 4 should be lt for the "Fresh" water tank position.
Tank can overflow long before it is full,,, if the air gap has water in it,,, the tank will never completely fill,,, I learned this the hard way,,, years back we ran out of water in the north woods,,, because I thought the tank was full & it was not !!! Also I do not trust the control panel !!!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Tank can overflow long before it is full,,, if the air gap has water in it,,, the tank will never completely fill,,, I learned this the hard way,,, years back we ran out of water in the north woods,,, because I thought the tank was full & it was not !!! Also I do not trust the control panel !!!
Yes judging when the overflow indicates it's full is tricky. I always disconnect the hose and then allow the air to evacuate and then reconnect the hose and generally it fills properly then. Then I check that the indicators are showing full. If that dosent work then the two issues you have need to be fixed or youll never fill the tank!

Tags
tank, water, water tank