Old 08-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruane View Post
Yes judging when the overflow indicates it's full is tricky. I always disconnect the hose and then allow the air to evacuate and then reconnect the hose and generally it fills properly then. Then I check that the indicators are showing full. If that dosent work then the two issues you have need to be fixed or youll never fill the tank!
I have no problem filling our tank,,, I just make sure there is no water in air vent,,, and fill very slowly with a short hose that I made that fits down in the inlet about 2' !!!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:29 PM   #22

You all made me think. I used to fill my tank using the overflow as an indicator of full. I since have decided not to carry 60 gals of water. So , I connected my hose to fill the tank after emptying the tank, placed a bucket under the overflow and then turned on the water to fill and timed this for one minute. One minute of filling with a pressure regulator in line put 5 gals in the tank. Now I will fill to 20 gals for traveling if my destination has hook ups.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #23

When we first got our rig we would run out of water after maybe a day and a half. I talked to the dealer about the amount of water that would come out of the overflow hose when I filled the tank. He told me some gibberish about how long the fill line was "inside" the RV. What I found out is don't blast the water in under full pressure because it creates a vacuum back pressure that would siphon out half the water I put in. Now it takes me about 15 minutes to fill my 65 gal. tank (w/water heater) at half pressure or less, or the time it takes me to have one beer, which we can stretch to almost a week.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
When we first got our rig we would run out of water after maybe a day and a half. I talked to the dealer about the amount of water that would come out of the overflow hose when I filled the tank. He told me some gibberish about how long the fill line was "inside" the RV. What I found out is don't blast the water in under full pressure because it creates a vacuum back pressure that would siphon out half the water I put in. Now it takes me about 15 minutes to fill my 65 gal. tank (w/water heater) at half pressure or less, or the time it takes me to have one beer, which we can stretch to almost a week.
When I first read that,,, I thought it said you could stretch one beer out for a week !!! LOL !!! Still working on my 1st cup of Java !!!
I think it probably take me more than 15 minutes to fill our 30 gallon tank,,, Must be added VERY slowly !!! We can only just crack the faucet,,, like a strong trickle !!!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #25

How do I Know My Water tank is Full????

Amazon
P3 P0550 Water Meter $10.75
Fits on end of your hose and will tell you how much you put in. Love it, Love it, Love it works great for me

Tags
tank, water, water tank