Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #1

How do you remove Rodent Repellent Odor after dewinterizing

I put Fresh Cab Botanical Rodent Repellent in my RV (Sunseeker 2250LE) after I had it winterized last year. The good news is that I had no mice. The bad news is that I can't get rid of the odor now that I have it dewinterized and want to go camping soon. My wife seems to be allergic to the odor and won't go in the RV till the odor is gone. I tried washing the walls and floors with Mr. Clean but the odor is still there. Maybe I have to remove all the cloth material and wash it.
Does anyone have any idea how I can quickly remove the Fresh Cab odor so my wife can use the RV too? Are there cleaning services for RV's that can remove the odor? We bought a new RV to avoid allergy problems but I seem to have created my own problem.
Does anyone have any ideas on this subject?

Thanks,
Allan
awilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #2

We have been using dryer sheets for the last 5 years and have not had a single mouse. Sorry can't help to get rid of the smell.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
NELA

I'd try large disposable aluminum pans filled with charcoal briquettes sitting around all thru the RV for several days.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #4

In our old motorhome we have to get rid of some smells, Like Weezer ... several aluminum pans filled with charcoal briquettes ... will need to be in the closed up RV for 4 or 5 days ... then I used ... Amazon.com - Citrus Magic Solid Air Freshener, Fresh Citrus, 8-Ounce - Automotive Air Fresheners

with another round of new charcoal briquettes for another 4 days. It completely got rid of the smell.

PS: We also fixed the water leak, so we didn't have the issue again.
Minooka, IL.
checca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

you can also get activated charcoal that can be placed in your a/c return and in other places, under sink, in closets etc sometimes the activated charcoal will work faster so you do have choices.... also I've spent 35 years in the pest control business and most times mice get into 1/4 inch openings,,so having said that next time you are in your MH at night turn all lites on inside go under and look for holes then fill with copper mesh and foam in the can. easy fix and you will not need to use products that have foul odors. good luck and hope I helped some. Jerry
Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #6

Cook some bacon and dont use the exhaust fan. Mmmmmm baaacon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Tags
winter, winterize