View Poll Results: How happy are you with your FR Purchase?
Best (RV, TT, Pup) I have ever owned 69 30.26%
Have had a few problems, but still would not switch 124 54.39%
Wish I would have bought something else 26 11.40%
Never would own one again 9 3.95%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #51

First time out with our new A122, the large window leaked, and I mean all over our bed. Naturally it ws the dead of night. The gas water heater would not stay lit. The first time we made the fold out bed (very comfortable,) we found a large cigrarette burn on the cover. All has been repaired by the dealer. However, FR just ignored our request for payment for the minor expenses we paid to clean the unit, dry the mattress and launder the bed clothes.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #52

I love my Surveyor. It's only the 1st TT I've owned but my parents have owned RV's of various manufacturers over the years. I have had zero problems with it (except those caused by the electrician that wired up my 30 amp outlet on the house). I hate that it seems that its luck of the draw when it comes to ones unit.

We had rainthe other night for the first time since I bought my TT. I was looking forward to it to see if it leaked. No leaks so confirmation that there hasn't been a single problem with my Surveyor since I picked it up. I certainly wish everybody could have the same experience I had.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #53

Well great topic.... Well I waited for 6 months to receive product the waited for first trip, then camping started awesome. I spent 19k and that is a lot of money I expect quality and people to stand behind the warranty. Well our 2012 19 ft roo was great till it rained I thought the first flood was because it was a heavy rain a fluke... Well no fluke our roo fills up as fast as a bathtub when it's a light or heavy rain. now that I have sprayed my roo with the hose I see the water pour in its a bad design and workmanship is really poor they must have used 2 tubes of clear caulking on rear and 2 more on front. I believe that all purchaser should be able to see these posts and make a wise decision I have lots of pictures which I can share with you please email and I can send of my testing and the major issues with the new tent ends.
All I can say is FR needs some help with quality control and if you need a tube of clear caulking for one corner you have major issues with this design.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #54
SJC

We purchased a Surveyor SV305 trailer and over all am happy with the TT. The dealer has fixed up some of the minor problems we have had but I am still working with FR to fix the issues with the two fold out beds. They are very uncomfortable and slant down towards your head by about 1.5". Has anyone else had this fixed by FR?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #55

Yes I just bought a new class c motorhome from Forest River and all manufactures will have production issues it doesn’t matter if it’s a 700K pusher or a 20K TT. I’ve seen TT slides come out when going down the highway. Class A windshields pop out coaches where the full end cap of the coach was not completely installed. These were not isolated incidence but reoccurring events with the brands.
From experience, it’s how the manufacture handles your issues and the warranty process and Forest River is one of the best. The RV heartland is well aware of the impact on customer service and the quality of RVs made today.

We can help the RV industry improve customer relations by changing our pe-purchase process. First do your homework; an RV is not a car. Be informed on the product and plan for a “self-service dealership” with little knowledge of the RV you are looking at. When you find the RV that meets your needs don’t buy it yet. Tell the dealer you would like to put a small deposit on the unit until you or a friend can accomplish an in depth PDI. Once the dealership has your money it’s a manufactures problem not a dealership issue. There are several good PDI checklists on line. If the dealer balks, walk. There are other dealers. The dealer my even say their service dept can’t work on the RV until the RV is sold, due to the warranty process, walk. The dealership makes money that way. There are very good dealers out there, so ask around. It’s you money so understand the process and your rights.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #56

So far so good. Just took our maiden voyage in our 2013 flagstaff. Everything seemed to work flawlessly. Now being a veteran at this I can honestly say there are some things that we will "touch up or adjust" but all in all I am happy with how things have turned out.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #57

We love out trailer but I do have 2 big complaints with regards to the build, #1 their is no support for the shower head and it feels like it will fall off & damage the surround. #2 is what we thought was hardwood on the cabinets is only vinyl wrapped particle board.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops1
We love out trailer but I do have 2 big complaints with regards to the build, #1 their is no support for the shower head and it feels like it will fall off & damage the surround. #2 is what we thought was hardwood on the cabinets is only vinyl wrapped particle board.
Mine did fall off. Two screws into the thin plastic shower wall is all that's holding it. I wound up using 3M double stick tape on mine. Still waiting for next trip to see if it holds. Also had to have a new roof put on and a bracket for the awning over the rear slide out fell off. Trail Express tire went bad at 2500 miles. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #59

We love our floorplan and the features that our 2013 Heritage Glen 272BH have, but there are a lot of quality issues that I am upset about. One design flaw in water system and kinked hoses that they put in wrong led to no water pressure and siphoning out all the fresh water, black water flush line was sliced upon installation and therefore sprayed everywhere upon use, stove ignition knob snapped off after about 5 uses, dealer dented front frame and side panel before delivery so had to take it back in almost immediately for that, fridge door kept falling off every time we drove somewhere and they jerry rigged it and colored over the upside down Dometic sticker with black Sharpie when we made them fix it. Also made them send us the right parts in the mail to do it ourselves the right way. There were no user manuals, so when some things were going wrong my husband had no way to troubleshoot them. Overall, feel that the products are really pretty cheap, but we love to camp so have to overlook it I guess. It is very pretty inside and I love the woodwork and upholstery! I just hope we don't have any major problems that happen just outside of warranty time or something like that.

2013 Heritage Glen 272BH
2012 Chevy 3500 HD
Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowarvnewbie View Post
We love our floorplan and the features that our 2013 Heritage Glen 272BH have, but there are a lot of quality issues that I am upset about. One design flaw in water system and kinked hoses that they put in wrong led to no water pressure and siphoning out all the fresh water, black water flush line was sliced upon installation and therefore sprayed everywhere upon use, stove ignition knob snapped off after about 5 uses, dealer dented front frame and side panel before delivery so had to take it back in almost immediately for that, fridge door kept falling off every time we drove somewhere and they jerry rigged it and colored over the upside down Dometic sticker with black Sharpie when we made them fix it. Also made them send us the right parts in the mail to do it ourselves the right way. There were no user manuals, so when some things were going wrong my husband had no way to troubleshoot them. Overall, feel that the products are really pretty cheap, but we love to camp so have to overlook it I guess. It is very pretty inside and I love the woodwork and upholstery! I just hope we don't have any major problems that happen just outside of warranty time or something like that.

2013 Heritage Glen 272BH
2012 Chevy 3500 HD
Well how 'bout that. I just bought the same model. Had it for 3 weeks now. I've had none of those issues. What I have noticed is minimal. Some staples needed to be sunk in the carpet, adhesive on the ceiling on the slide portion, where the rounded trim near the TV meets the sliding doors there are lots of unsightly staples, glue on the back door screen. LOTS of discarded screws inside the front storage compartment (may have fallen out of a container at the factory?), the outside handle looks like my 2 year old could pull it from the frame (I removed it). The "tub" is poorly sealed around the walls. Poor water pressure in the showerhead.

Did you notice there are 2 grey water tanks (thus 2 handles to drain)?
I like the idea of having the yellow"ish" yard light under the steps.
Make sure the bathroom vent is fully closed in any little rain storm or floor is wet. Wonder how long it will take till the shower skylight leaks?

So far so good.

dodosmike

obligatory (crappy cellphone) pics: