Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: How happy are you with your FR Purchase?
Best (RV, TT, Pup) I have ever owned 69 30.26%
Have had a few problems, but still would not switch 124 54.39%
Wish I would have bought something else 26 11.40%
Never would own one again 9 3.95%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #1

How happy are you with your FR Purchase?

I have seen lots of post lately with problems people are having with their FR Purchases. I even have mine in the shop now, this is a soud off for those who are happy, or not so happy in a poll.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #2

I am very happy with our TT 2012 831 RKSS
Ac very good in through. Out in 100 or above Heat
Fit and finish very good
Tows very good
No leaks
All appliances work
Outside kitchen good
plumbing is good , kitchen. Faucet seems cheap
I have one of the two light above. Our bed that needs attention
Thanks , will go with 4 out of 5 stars
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

34tbok-6

I Received my 5Th wheel new, had it delivered from Texas to Arizona. When it showed up there is inside damage to the floor,inside dome in shower, 32"TV didn't get sent with the unit, radio don't work, water heater don't work, water filter housing was loose and when the unit was winterized the pink fluid leaked all over the inside, the battery wires where just setting on the posts not tied down, the dealer ship didn't pre trip/inspect it before it was shipped and after calling the dealership for two weeks all I was told was since you are 1100 miles for use you will have to go some where and have it fixed under warranty.

Nice customer service right.

I call fr and was told when I bring the 5Th wheel to a bigger town all the repairs will be fixed and it will take about a month, hard to use while It's in the shop.
RONN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #4

We have been very happy with both Forest River Products that we have owned. The 1st was a new 2009 Palomino Pony PuP, P2100. No problems with it. We upgraded to a used 2009 Palomino Puma 25RS. We love the floor plan and all the stowage that it has.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #5

Forest river

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONN View Post
I Received my 5Th wheel new, had it delivered from Texas to Arizona. When it showed up there is inside damage to the floor,inside dome in shower, 32"TV didn't get sent with the unit, radio don't work, water heater don't work, water filter housing was loose and when the unit was winterized the pink fluid leaked all over the inside, the battery wires where just setting on the posts not tied down, the dealer ship didn't pre trip/inspect it before it was shipped and after calling the dealership for two weeks all I was told was since you are 1100 miles for use you will have to go some where and have it fixed under warranty.

Nice customer service right.

I call fr and was told when I bring the 5Th wheel to a bigger town all the repairs will be fixed and it will take about a month, hard to use while It's in the shop.
man where is the QC for these rigs , sorry to hear about your troubles
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

This our second one, a surveyor
TT and now a flagstaff fifth wheel.
Happy with both, minor issues, never returned for service work.
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Love our V-Lite, a few minor issues that were fixed under warranty very quickly I may add. We are on our 3rd summer this year and are getting ready to head to Indiana next week.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #8

We love our 2012 silverback 29re. We have traveled about 4000 miles with it and only had minor issues and only a few. Everyone needs to realize they invested in a vehicle and a house when they bought a trailer. Things will break and maintenance will need to be done. I do about as much work on my trailer as my house and tow vehicle which is just life. many vehicles and/or trailers will have horror stories and bad experiences with dealers.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #9

No issues here with the 285WP. RONN, try Freedom RV here in Tucson for any of the warranty work. I had an issue with the fuel pump and FR said that Freedom RV would take care of it and they did.
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #10

There is now about 40 things on my list of repairs. Some I could fix myself, some won't get fixed and some we will wait and see how they make out. Disappointed, but Surveyor says they will make it all right.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #11

I am very happy with the Cherokee 264L floor plan, BUT, and that is a big but, I am not happy with what the AMERICAN manufacturing workers gave me. What I see is that they ALL didn't have any pride in workmanship. I love this country but more and more I am beginning to hate the people in it
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #12

I have a Forest River 3170DS Bunkhouse edition. Where I brought it and where I live is 1000's miles apart. I took it in to one FR dealer and was told that FR was hard to deal with and they would not service any units except for the ones they sold.

I went to another dealer and gave the unit and the list. I had only good things to say about FR warrenty issues. I was expecting (from the first dealer) to get them fixed, pay for it and deal with FR myself. But, my present dealer - said that FR came thru on all items without issue. We are dealing with one issue - which the dealer can not fixed - so FR is shipping the unit back to Indiana, fix it and will re-paint it at their cost. (Rear slide out is off-set by several inches front to back - the dealer has tried everything to re-set the switches got it closer, but when the front is closed - the back is still out by over an inch. When it is open, the back is out by about 1.5 inches.) I am uniquie situation -as I live and work overseas so FR can take their time with the unit.

Overall - I am very happy with it. Kitchen is a little small - and will probably see if I can upgrade the A/C unit to 15,000 and maybe the refrig. Also I will re-run the exhaust pipe for the generator - it is right by the driver's door and I can see issues.
maiseymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #13

Very happy with our V-Cross. This is our 1st tt and our 2nd year camping with it. It is a 2011 and bought it new at a local dealer. Knock on wood we have not had any problems. Only thing was a nut came off of the awning bolt(easy fix). The floor plan and size is perfect for us. After reading some of the posts on here about stuff that don't work or is wrong has me thinking that I was lucky enough to get a nice camper.
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit View Post
No issues here with the 285WP. RONN, try Freedom RV here in Tucson for any of the warranty work. I had an issue with the fuel pump and FR said that Freedom RV would take care of it and they did.
RONN, I forgot to mention Frost RV here in Tucson. They are the FR rep and they do have a service department.
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
Experienced Newbie

My 2012 Coachmen Apex 151RBX has been in the shop more than it's been in a campground. I blame most of the headaches on being a new RV buyer who didn't do a thorough PDI.

- The window over the sink does not open and is in process of being replaced. (2-3 week wait)
- Entry door is warped/bowed and is in process of being replaced (2-3 week wait)
- Black and Grey tank supports were welded in wrong, torched off, then poorly re-welded and then never painted.
- Stabilizing jacks are welded to the frame
- Trim pieces falling off
- Couch hinges gouging the paneling fore and aft, had both pieces of paneling replaced and heavy gauge plastic installed over it.

Functionally, the camper has worked well.

I give my dealer a lot of credit for dealing with me... however I feel bad for them that I've been storing my unit on their lot almost all summer. I only go to get it for a weekend and then take it back the day after I get home.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnman1 View Post
I am very happy with the Cherokee 264L floor plan, BUT, and that is a big but, I am not happy with what the AMERICAN manufacturing workers gave me. What I see is that they ALL didn't have any pride in workmanship. I love this country but more and more I am beginning to hate the people in it
I think you mean the people's work ethic, not the people. Also realize it just might be lack of training, supervision, etc. Most people want to do a good job but are not given the proper tools, i.e training, time, etc.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #17

I just purchased a 2013 Solera in St. Louis and drove it back to Canada. Things started to break down before we even left. The dealership was great at repairing most things right away and asked us to make a list of repairs required on our next trip through there. Overall I was very disappointed on the quality control on things that were obvious and should never leave the factory in that condition. I have my own manufacturing company that supplies the automotive industry and I would be out of business if I supplied parts like this on the end product.

I understand that Forest River wants to make an affordable product and I commend them for that, but quality is equally as important as price.
snowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #18

Bought ours new in 1998,very few problems,would buy another FR but am concerned about how hard it is to contact FR.
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #19

Bought my Flagstaff 26RLSS new back in May and so far, knock on lots of wood, everything has been working like a champ. We'll be spending another 4 days in it this coming weekend. Guess I'd have to say I'm very happy so far!

I wonder however, if the quality has anything to do with the dealership where you purchase? I mean, I would have to assume that a dealership spends some amount of time going over trailers when they arrive. Do some maybe do a better job of prepping trailers than others? If so, mine did a bang up job!
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Sailfish Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #20

After two years I think I have most of the problems I have run into so far fixed, but there are alot on this forum I haven't run into yet. (Flagstaff 5th wheel)
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote