Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr2236 View Post
She's here! She's here! Tara is finally here. Twelve weeks to the day. Going to stop by after work on Wednesday to see her, and the PDI is set for Saturday.

Where shall we go? What shall we do? Oh, I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow. But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters? Tara! Home. I'll go home.

Sorry...couldn't resist the Gone With The Wind quote.
That's OK,(Frankly my Dear I don't give a -----! Youroo!! Another V-Lite owner

Old 05-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #32
Experienced Newbie

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just got the call from my salesman that my unit is of the assembly line and waiting for transport. And to try not to get too anxious as transport is backed up due to the harsh winter.

I should hopefully have a vin #tomorrow. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Deposit paid on March 16th.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forest River Forums mobile app

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #33
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhartzel View Post
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just got the call from my salesman that my unit is of the assembly line and waiting for transport. And to try not to get too anxious as transport is backed up due to the harsh winter.

I should hopefully have a vin #tomorrow. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Deposit paid on March 16th.

There's an ongoing thread on another RV thread about the RV industry experiencing a shortage of RV transport drivers - perhaps this is part of your problem although you did say your unit is now on the assembly line. Maybe the units previously build and awaiting delivery are being shipped out first.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #34
Experienced Newbie

Whoops, that should have read "off the assembly line". Yeah I saw a thread somewhere regarding the shipping slowdown. I remember something to the effect of 30' and longer were waiting even more.
Boo, especially as my trailer is 36' tongue to tail

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #35

Our 21 FBRS came off the assembly line on 4/24. The dealer in St Louis received it Wednesday May the 7th. Our dealer said that ordered units that are already sold are given priority over dealers stock.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #36

I'm in the exact same boat at the moment. Deposit paid on 3/15, dealer estimated delivery "around the end of April." Called yesterday, unit isn't even completed yet, much less waiting for a delivery driver. I'm bummed, to say the least. Got the truck all ready for the 5-er, got the Salem (almost) emptied out, and here I sit. This sux.

Link to that "other RV" thread?
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #37
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I'm in the exact same boat at the moment. Deposit paid on 3/15, dealer estimated delivery "around the end of April." Called yesterday, unit isn't even completed yet, much less waiting for a delivery driver. I'm bummed, to say the least. Got the truck all ready for the 5-er, got the Salem (almost) emptied out, and here I sit. This sux.

Im right there with ya.
Ordered 2/19/14 and got my second offline date today of next tuesday 5/13 . (the first one was 4/10 or 4/11 and that didn't happen)
Needless to say I'm not holding my breath, I was actually fixing to cancel my order when my dealer texted me.
Supposedly there will be a driver there to pick it up when it rolls off the line, who knows?
This is way longer than the 7 weeks from order till I pulled home, that we had on our puma 5er, 2 years ago.

Good luck to everybody waiting, we sure need it!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #38
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post

PM sent.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #39

A guy stopped by our site on Sat and asked how we liked our new Rockwood. He said he probably hauled it back from Elkart. He told me there are 30,000 tv's waiting to be picked up at the factory. Because of the bad winter delivery are way behind.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #40

Just a (sort of) update: called my dealer today, still no sign of my unit, and when I asked him if we are just waiting on delivery, he said that apparently the RV industry in IN has addressed the issues that have bottled up the delivery process and they are starting to see a few units coming in every day. Not sure I buy it, has anyone heard anything else on the overall backup of new units lately? Getting tired of waiting...

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote