Old 06-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #21
We took 7 weeks right after we retired. Next month we head out west for 10 - 12 weeks. A new record for us.

Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Take 2 to 3 2 wk. trips and several 4 to 5 day trips plus now we will also do some local short trips at our local Shriner campground.

grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #23
We are usually out three or four weeks. It depends on where we go and the likely hood of returning.
Goat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #24
Smile Trip length

We do lots of mid week 2-3 days and 1-2 big (1-2 weeks) trips a year. Currently limited b/c grandkids but plan to stay out months at a time when they are out on their own. I work online so that makes it convenient.
RFGTLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #25
I just retired and am under 60. My wife has 1 more year. She will be 58 then. We just sold our mountain cabin. Right now she has 2 months off for the summer. Lots of short trips planned. We mostly do weekdays by ourselves. I don't like to camp in a trailer park with a bunch of people walking through camps and making lots of noise. Lots of open spaces in Arizona and Utah. Pines in the summer and desert in the winter. Fire restriction on now so no camp fires which is ok by me. Saying that, we are leaving for Silverton AND staying in a park on the north end of town for 5 days with not hookups.It will be busy because of the 4th and a jeep jamboree. Staying in another park in Marysvale Utah in September for 5 days riding offroad toys with a bunch of friends.
2016 Forester 2401WS MBS
Life is the cookie
bob dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 PM   #26
I'm retired but DH still does some consulting but picks when and where. We do several short trips in June and July but love Ontario camping in September and October once the kids are back in school. Other than Jan and Feb in 2015 which we spent in south Florida we usually are gone less than an a month. Our home is in the country with acreage so it's not easy to get someone to take care of it.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #27
Originally Posted by Cut_un View Post
For those that are not full timers, how long do you guys stay out? Wife and I usually plan (local instate camping trips) to be 4-6 days. Being retired I tend to like to come in mid week, stay they the weekend and then allow all the weekenders the chance to clear out and again, have the place to ourselves! Hoping , at some point to do a 2-3 week camp... A road trip with a big loop! How bout you guys??
We just did a week in local state park. We'll pull out mid-July to go to Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, back home to Arkansas. Then December head south for winter and return home in March or April.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #28
Retired so we leave June, July, and August for those with school age children. The other 9 months we will average 100 - 140 days.
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #29
John Schaefer
We usually go out for 5-7 days and time it to avoid weekender traffic. In a few weeks were going to do our first 4 week excursion covering central and western Oregon. We've heard many good things about the coast and I'm going to get a bit of fishing in along the way. Considering what it takes food wise for 4 weeks we plan to use Walmart/Cosco where available and use local places when they are not. Towing a VW Beetle so side trips are going to be fun - Columbia Gorge, Mt. Hood, etc.

Jack Schaefer
2015 28QBE Coachmen Freelander
John Schaefer
2015 Coachman Freelander
VW New Beetle
Johnjschaeferjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #30
As I'm still working, I usually try to get weekend trips in fairly close to home (2-4 hr drive) to it's 2-3 days. My one big trip each year is about 12 days going to a geocaching event in Ohio and then straight up to Oshkosh WI for the airshow. The Ohio event has hookups but at OSH, it's boondocking. Hope the temps stay down this year as my generator isn't strong enough to run my AC.

MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote