Old 08-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #21
Site Team
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
not much beats watching people back in to an almost impossible site. As long as it's not me of course!
X2 ,great free entertainment

Next year is here - GO CUBS- 4 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #22
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
People have such a good time and a good laugh watching me back in that I am now charging for the entertainment.
There again, it was a pull-thru.

bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #23
Hey it's not a contest ! Take as many tries as necessary to get your rig into position.

Last year at a NYS Site we stayed at, I backed in perfectly with one try but when it came time to leave that was another story. It probably took be 6 or 8 tries to get the damn thing out of there without scraping up the trees and the camper. I managed to gather quite a crowd before it was all done and I was able to be on my way.
Ever Wonder ?

Prime Time Avenger 26BH
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #24
I Break Everything
I think we've all been there. My top horrors were Sequoia National Park, Fort Wilderness and Yellow Stone Fishing Bridge.

It wasn't the fact they were super difficult, but we usually arrive later afternoon to all our campsites and those three had snug fits. Cars all around, extra cars parked here and there. Disney was the worst for cars everywhere. Not a lot of space on the roads and if a group is in the parks there is no one to move their car.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS MH
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #25
Try this one. Road was about 1 1/2 cars wide and you had to pull just over the speed bump going up a steep hill to start the back up. Then if you were not far enough over, your TV would need to go over a RR tie and into a small drop off and some ground cover. If you are fortunate enough to get things in far enough, you can them pull across the road into another RV site (if they are not there and parked in it) so you can straighten up. All the while, people are lined up waiting to get by you so they can get to their sites where they are already set up. Of course the coast was clear until you started to back up, hit the drop off and could not pull forward again. And you are alone, with no one to help you miss the drop off in your RV site which is on the outside driver side so it is difficult to see during backing up. You got to love it.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #26
I can tell fort wilderness is the worst place we have camped at. My sister loves that place so we agreed to meet them there a few years ago over labor day week. We still had our 2005 Eagle TT that was 35' long. The campground was real full and the site we got was very tight with a lot of trees. I am towing with a 2010 Ram megacab so this makes matters worse. I tell my wife to watch a tree that is crowding road as I have to get close to have room to swing. BIG MISTAKE as wife goes behind me where I can't see or hear her. I will let the pics tell the rest. Click image for larger version

Name:	Carols pics 281.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	85102 Click image for larger version

Name:	Carols pics 283.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	85103 Click image for larger version

Name:	Carols pics 287.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	85104
1967 Barracuda fastback
2015 Wildcat MK 333
2010 Ram 2500 Mega-cab
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #27
Believe it or not I let my sister talk us into another trip to Fort Wilderness. We will be heading down with our 38' wildcat 5er. I am not looking forward to it but love my sister so. The good part is we have learned to use the cell phones to communicate when parking. It is still tough because men and women speak different language thats for damn sure. We still have to hope dealer gets done with warranty work for the fourth time. Wish us luck with our adventure to the happiest place on earth
1967 Barracuda fastback
2015 Wildcat MK 333
2010 Ram 2500 Mega-cab
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #28

When things are tight G.OA.L. is the way to roll.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #29
For Fort Wilderness, there is an app by Fort Fiends that has all of the sites and a "back in difficulty" indicator. Check it when you check in and ask for a different site if it doesn't suit you.

I don't know of anywhere in the campground that would require fully leaving the park and coming back in.

And yes, it can be tricky there! I came within inches of a recycling container to get in last year. I knew it was there and watched it; but still a crappy spot for it.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #30
My worst nightmare is when I get it backed in or even pulled in and parked ready to level it and the wife says "can you move it over a couple of inches?" CRAP! So I maneuver it around get out and ask her if it's ok and she says "you just put back in the same spot!" DOUBLE CRAP! Did I tell you I love my wife!

bop11 is offline   Reply With Quote