Old 08-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #61
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
We tried walkie talkies once. I gave her the one with no batteries and I backed it right in first try. Worked great!

Man that's funny. Gave me the laugh I needed this morning.

2015 Ram 3500 CCLB dually
2015 39R12 Vengeance touring edition.

Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #62
Me and DW both have smartphones and when I start to back in she calls me and we both put the phones on speaker and we talk. Well mine is on Bluetooth on the truck, works for us. I always like to go to Ocean Lakes at Myrtle Beach, I thought all the campsites there were pull thu. I have been to Yellowstone twice and I get camper in, DW yells at me and I hate to be embarrassed. I use to drive a semi. It's all in a days work

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #63
Yep had one of those this year as well...Site was on a bend and was at 90 degrees to the road. Utilities and trees on either side. Street width single wide with a severe drainage ditch on left. After many attempts and re starts i finally just said screw it and cut through the site to back in. I hate odd site placement. My Trailer is what i would consider mid size and we had issues.
2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #64
Was at a site a year ago, and SIX women in an old beat up Texas Ford truck, pulling a horse trailer (without horses, those fancy ones that you can camp in) pulled up opposite me. I watched them try and try and try. The other five were quite 'helpful' to the poor driver. It was not a hard spot.

I finally went over and asked if I could help. I was hoping to figure out why six women driving such a contraption were camping, but I didn't......... I gave some verbal instructions, walking along beside the driver window. She could not translate instructions into operations, I figured I offered to just do it for them.

I backed it in just out. They were most appreciative. Some bozo next to them gave me applause. Made them feel bad.

I woke up the next morning, fairly early, and they were gone. I guess they never unhooked.

That was the strangest one.

My pet peeve is nice campgrounds, especially COE ones, that have a bazillion acres, yet each site is five inches from each other.........AND each pad has a tree on both sides of the entrance. Geez, guys! It's my tax money! Gimme a break.
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #65
I stayed at Chetek river CG this month and when i got there people had over camped into our site, after going to the registration the attendant( a 5 foot 16 year old young lady) came to explain to the trespassers where the boundries were.
I was very impressed with how she handled to situation, she listened very intently them got the map and explained EXACTLY where the lot was and to move the cars and tents. She also explained that the trailer i was pulling would make it over the tents but not the cars.
after the site was cleared i backed in , in two tries with the wife watching the nose of the avalanche so I didn't clip the pine trees, all in all it was a good spot but the rednecks were a challenge
doneuald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:20 AM   #66
That happened to us at Brazos Bend SP in TX. A guy started setting up a tent just a few yards right behind us. When we went to check, it turned out that he had also been assigned the site. He had to disassemble and repack his gear and move to another site. Good thing we checked in first. Neither of us had reservations. Felt bad for him.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #67
Give me 2 inches clearance on either side, and I can put a bumper pull anywhere. Give me six feet on either side, and I just can't get that fifth wheel in there, although I'm getting a little better. Not much, but a little. When my do-good neighbors used to ask me if I needed any help, I would crankily say no thanks. Now, after six or eight tries and they offer to help, I say fine. Now they are in charge. One guys says turn your wheels this way, and that doesn't work. The other guy says pull out and turn your wheels that way, and that doesn't work. But the pressure is off of me. It's all on them. Now the neighbors in their lawn chairs drinking beer can laugh at my helpers. Good Lord almighty I hope that someday I can get it right...
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:20 AM   #68
Mom is up with Ben ill call from ipad

DonCath25ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #69
Originally Posted by DonCath25ds View Post
Mom is up with Ben ill call from ipad
Sorry but personal messages require a 5 dollar donation to the forum!
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #70
My 42' 5er can be a challenge sometimes but I don't care who's watching or not it don't bother me to back up, go forward a few times. When I get it were I want it I push the button pull truck up, then grab a beer and place my wood under the landing pads and push the button again and smile now it's level. LOL its all down hill after you get it parked.

2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote