Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #1

How Much Extra Junk?

Every single time we go out for a few days I try to par down on extra un needed stuff in our RV....and each time is an exercise in frustration. All the stuff seems to find its way back into the camper only in a different place. I have a very nice quad fold table that I bought last year and its never been open.... Many, many tools that i have yet to use, Extra this and that. I have a few chairs that have never seen the light of day and so on. Blender? You bet. Just bought a portable waste tank and I am sure this will go into the mix as well.

I am under weights with room to spare however I think that I could star in the RV version of the "Hoarders".

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm with you Ryand! I think the more things I take out, the DW finds to put back in or add to her list. We have blankets folded nice and neat in the closet in the bedroom. I think an entire platoon could stay warm with them. I mean, we are in SC and it's plenty warm, even at night but DW thinks they are all "needed". Same with chairs, you never know when everyone in the campground may want to come over and visit us all at one time!!!!

2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #3

We're on the "lean and mean" program, since we are able to park out TT in the drive way we pack before every trip, depending what CG w are going to or time of year that what we will take, my brother-in-law on the other hand it looks like that clown car you see in the circus...one time even had a rocking chair strapped to the top of his TT, was waiting for Jed and Granny to come out of the TV.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
cogito ergo moo

I'm the total opposite. I belive that its better to 'have and not need' than to 'need and not have'.

As long as I don't go over weight, I dont see the problem. I have yet to need my bow saw on a camping trip, but if I ever do, I will be really mad if I dont have it. See my post on Emergency kits.

emergency kit

tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #5

I'm a minimalist, DW is a maximumist. It's a losing battle.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I'm the total opposite. I belive that its better to 'have and not need' than to 'need and not have'.

As long as I don't go over weight, I dont see the problem. I have yet to need my bow saw on a camping trip, but if I ever do, I will be really mad if I dont have it. See my post on Emergency kits.

emergency kit

tim
X2 when camping/on vacation I do not have to worry about not having something. Including cooking supplies, tools, extra parts to fix various things. Vacations are about having not needing like stated. If you have the room and are okay with your weight bring it on! I love when something goods out when I am on vacation and I tell the wife I will be right back. I have it fixed in no time.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Every single time we go out for a few days I try to par down on extra un needed stuff in our RV....and each time is an exercise in frustration. All the stuff seems to find its way back into the camper only in a different place. I have a very nice quad fold table that I bought last year and its never been open.... Many, many tools that i have yet to use, Extra this and that. I have a few chairs that have never seen the light of day and so on. Blender? You bet. Just bought a portable waste tank and I am sure this will go into the mix as well.

I am under weights with room to spare however I think that I could star in the RV version of the "Hoarders".
Would you by any chance be related to my packrat wife?
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Would you by any chance be related to my packrat wife?
There is a chance......Oh and who can forget the multiple sets of rope lights (one for every color spectrum). I just picked up another set of Red White and blue lights at Menards for the Flagpole. Its a sickness i tell ya.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
Alleged curmudgeon

Good post, Ryan. Really hits home for most of us, I imagine, since this same dilemma faces us all and, more often than not, at least in our case, the "over-packing" wins out. My DW won't let me take anything out of the TT and I won't remove anything from my truck. On the rare occasion either of us relents and removes an item, it seems another (or two) takes its place.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #10

that's why my camper has two doors she brings it in one door I bring it the other door lol

http://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote