Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #1

Question How or do you cover your bunks?

We are getting a new 8306SS, which has 2 bunks in the back, but this question would go to any trailer owner with bunks. When my wife saw the mattress for the bunks, she felt that they looked 'unfinished', much the way a normal mattress would look without having sheets on it. However, the bunks are not a "normal" size AND I don't know that I would want to try and "make up" a bunk like that anyway even if I could get sheets to fit it.

We have sleeping bags for the kids so now I just need some ideas on how to cover the bunk mattress to make it looked a little more finished.

Any ideas??
Old 08-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
You could try turning the sleeping bags inside out. Many have some kind of pattern on the inside.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #3

I found sheets that fit our bunks at Bed Bath and Beyond. They had the fitted sheet with the top sheet sewed to the bottom. Makes it easy to put on and to keep made up.
love2rvcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #4

Hi we have a bunk model trailer and 2 little ones. We have found that if you slide the mattress out it is easier to get sheets on it. But the bonus to your efforts is that because you need to tuck the blankets under they stay quite tidy even after a few sleeps.
vancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #5

My wife and I did not want to hassle with making the kids bunks, especially trying to reach the far back corners of the top bunk...too much work on vacation!

We opted to use a solid color fitted sheet over each bunk matress. Its a bit loose, but if you remove the matress first, install the sheet and get all the sides tucked under real good, and reinstall the matress its much easier. Then we just use sleeping bags on top of this. Never have to mess around with the fitted sheet unless you want to wash them periodically.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote