Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #41

Well, we took our time with our PDI today, but then still managed to drive off without the correct mattress (said they were putting it in there while we were paying, but must have gotten distracted), and forgot to have them check the outlet at the outdoor kitchen which didn't appear to have power when checked. Got it home and realized the deadbolt isn't actually catching We can't find a hole for the deadbolt to slide into on the door frame. The regular lock works, hope it holds it tight!

My husband towed it home while I followed. I think by time he made it back to the house (30 miles away) he was a lot more comfortable with towing, but definitely needs mirror extenders to be able to see better behind.

Fit and finish looked good, all systems working great. Taking it back by the dealer tomorrow AM as we head out to our first night of camping to get the mirrors and mattress, will drop it back then on our way home for the other items. Hopefully nothing else turns up in our "shakeout" trip!

Can't believe we own a camper now!!

2014 Surveyor SPT295
Texasblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #42
Average Joe

Congrats Texasblue!! We'll be in the same boat next Friday. Hoping ours goes well, too.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #43

Don't get upset over the small things you may find wrong with it first couple times out. I always had it planned to be prepared to drop it back at the dealers after the first trip with a list. Never had any trouble getting the list done. Enjoy it and have fun. Pay attention to any noises that don't seem right. I managed to catch a drip under the kitchen sink on the first night. Lucky for us, it was just a very small puddle when found. But a small container under it for he rest of the weekend. It got fixed right away when we got home.

James.

2013 F150 v8 4x4 Supercab
2014 Surveyor 192T
rycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #44

Thumbs up

I am so pleased to report that our first night out was great!

We were able to fix the few items we needed Saturday before heading out to the campsite, and found NO other punch list items on this trip. Our dealer, Mays RV in Lewisville, Texas has been really great so far.

It is now safely tucked into it's spot at the storage unit, waiting for us to come wake it up for another trip. I hope we can get out in a few weeks, I already miss it. This trip was way to short and too close to civilization.

2014 Surveyor SPT295
Texasblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #45

Congratulations and good luck with your new tt.

I hope you found the battery disconnect, or your battery will be dead in a couple of weeks.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #46

I don't know why anyone would want to leave the dealer after a PDI without their new RV. We have owned Two Pop-ups, two Motor Homes, two travel,trailers and a fifth wheel. All but the pop-ups were purchased brand new and we took them home the day we signed the paperwork and did the walk thru.

If you don't take it home with you then, you just have to wait to go camping.

No matter how much you spend, you will always have to bring it back. And no matter how much you know, you will probably figure out a way to fix it or change it so you don't have to bring it back when you could be camping. The only time I want my RV sitting idle on Tar is in my driveway, not back at the dealer's lot!
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
What are operating manuals? They don''t seem to be common, or informative.
Right? There are tons more info on just seatbelts in car manuals than is in most rv manuals cover to cover

Tags
pdi