Old 09-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Grape Escape

Was his name Al ?

44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #12

We just take the bad with the good and make sure to lock the doors when we go in but it sure can make the holiday seem longer. We also sometimes act a little standoffish till we see what we are up against but that can be difficult for me as I can be a bit of a jabberjaws myself. Old Guys

Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I don't remember what his name was & don't really care. But I'll try not to park near a red F150 towing a Trail-Lite next year.
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Was his name Al ?
Hey!!!!!!! Wait a minute !! I wasn't even in the same country at the time

...VTX-AL
Old 09-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #15

We were in Hershey last year and the guy from across the street came over and asked if he could "borrow" some of our firewood. Being the nice people we are we of course said yes. It was at that point that the guy reached into our fire with his hands and took our burning wood. We were simply floored - never expecting that he meant our actual burning wood. At that point we realized there are all types of people out there. Sometimes you have a great neighbor and other times, well there are always the others.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori08360 View Post
We were in Hershey last year and the guy from across the street came over and asked if he could "borrow" some of our firewood. Being the nice people we are we of course said yes. It was at that point that the guy reached into our fire with his hands and took our burning wood. We were simply floored - never expecting that he meant our actual burning wood...

Pretty quick and easy way to start your own fire though!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Thankfully we've never had anyone that's been that annoying. One funny thing though, two years ago we were camping up in Lancaster PA and brought some shrimp with us. I was steaming it outside and the breeze was blowing over towards our neighbor. I happened to turn around and there were 4 heads one over the other peaking around the corner of their trailer. Later he stopped by and asked what I was cooking that smelled so good. I told him and the next day he asked to borrow the Old Bay Seasoning, it's a Maryland thing, and he couldn't find it at the grocery store. I think of the sight of those 4 peaking around the corner of the RV every time I steam shrimp.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Thankfully we've never had anyone that's been that annoying. One funny thing though, two years ago we were camping up in Lancaster PA and brought some shrimp with us. I was steaming it outside and the breeze was blowing over towards our neighbor. I happened to turn around and there were 4 heads one over the other peaking around the corner of their trailer. Later he stopped by and asked what I was cooking that smelled so good. I told him and the next day he asked to borrow the Old Bay Seasoning, it's a Maryland thing, and he couldn't find it at the grocery store. I think of the sight of those 4 peaking around the corner of the RV every time I steam shrimp.
I am LMAO! For some reason I am thinking of an old Three Stooges bit where they are all peeking around a corner, 3 heads on top of each other, and when spotted curly says "Hello", Larry Says "hello" and Moe says "Hello" and then all 3 of them say "Hello" at the same time.....

good times, good times....
Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #19

We have not had any problems like that so far, but I will tell you I all was try to be diplomatic because I like to give everyone a chance but when that does not work then it's time to be straight forward and tell it like it is