Old 03-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #11
You guys are awesome! I think our bathroom fan is the one in the video that fonzie posted. So it does look fairly easy to get it off to clean. Thanks! This is our first travel trailer and we just purchased it in January. It's in indoor storage right now so we have been trying to get things cleaned up and repaired inside. We are so much looking forward to camping in it after being in a pop-up for the last 6 years. It's going to be a very different experience but we have SO much to learn about how everything works.

2011 MicroLite 23LB
2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
zinger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #12
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
mine is a whole area big blade. I vacuum mine, the best I can do. I hope Frankie is using your tooth brush.. looks like what Fonze just posted.
Linda gave us your pink one, but, I guess now that I know how to remove the screen, you can have your toothbrush back.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
If you have Fantastic fan...
By jove you're right, just took ours out and cleaned it with the air hose. Never too old to be "teached" sumtin'.
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
does your fan look like this?

Attachment 70790
If it does look like that,remove it and put a REAL Ex.Fan in! Those (Little NOISE Makers are WORTHLESS)! This is just my personal opinion! Youroo!! We have 2 (Fantastic Fans ) the round screen removes easy but to Totally Clean all the blades and assembly plus the housing is a Chore!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #15
had the same issue with light in stove hood. melted a hole about the size of a quarter, then bulb blew. Had it replaced at Goshen. Tech mentioned the cover for our unit was unique to stove hood, he looked at it and went somewhere to obtain the replacement. might be a place to start. I agree with the replacement bulb being a LED, less heat and some bulbs actually give more light.
Marriot2 on Wheels 2017 Flagstaff Classic 832 OKBS
2013 GMC Denali 6.6L 2500 HD DMAX w\Alison Trans
Pepper Pomeranian rescue 101 days as camping buddy
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 68, 3 more planned
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #16
Cleaning bathroom fan screen

Here's what I do and you don't need to remove the screen. Open the vent cover then vacuum the screen from inside. Next turn the fan on and use compressed air or a leaf blower and blow the dirt and dust go out the vent. Just takes a few minutes.
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #17
Glad someone asked. Was going to play the boy a cheeseburger to wipe the dust down on him and then vacuum it up.

No drive thru for him and its a heck a lot cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #18
Melting light cover

Concerning your light question re: bulb melting plastic cover - you might try using an "aquarium" bulb which is about the same length as a bulbous
light bulb, but is long and about the width of the base its entire length.

BillRV is offline   Reply With Quote

fan, roo