Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #21
We now live in our TT. Before I retired we had a seasonal site 1/2 hour from home town. I was lucky enough to work the weekend shift. I would work 12 hours Sat. and 12 hours Sun. and have 5 days off. What a great shift plus I would be paid 40 hours pay (Sat. 12 hours pay Sun. double time or 24 hours pay and 4 hours shift premium). It was a shift most people dream of. I was able to camp 5 days a week.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #22
We camp aprx 2 to 3 weeks per season. Camping in Ontario is limited because of the short seasons. But with the price of gas going out of control everyday I think most of us will have no choice but limit our camping to much less trips if we want to live a life with the money we have in our pockets.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #23
Before we bought our trailer, I had a long talk with my DW. Told her 1) we had to go camping at least one weekend a month, 2) she had to learn to pull it and set it up/break it down. In the 18 months we have had it, everyone has learned (my co-workers even know) that we go camping the last weekend of the month. Want us to attend an event... don't set the date for the last weekend.

DW can pull the trailer almost anywhere, is learning to back into any campsite, and still need needs some practice setting up and breaking down (she assists in all parts of both). We are a team and BOTH enjoy the time away.

So just make time!!!!
Cooksonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #24
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I'm in the HVAC field for Residential Equipment replacement. Early Spring to Winter is busy. I need to get away just to keep my sanity it seems but we're limited by my work schedule. I'm on call every 6 weeks so those weekends are out. We have to take our time off scattered throughout each quarter of the year. So summer time I take a week in June and then a week in August. Those two weeks are spent vacationing usually near or at a beach, DW and the girls love the beach, I love the seafood! I'm a toy train collector so in April & October I'm off to York PA for 3 nights on the Fairgrounds Parking lot. I'm at 20 nights with these annual trips. We add in a few weekend trips and then late season we try to get away for a 4 day weekend, last year we did the Western MD Scenic Railroad trip. When we want to go a little camping and there's no time we just spend the weekend in the driveway. So we're somewhere in the 24 to 30 day range most years.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
We do the housework during the week, so we can camp just about every weekend. We also camp during the week and drive into work from the campground. We have two girls (12 & 8), they would rather camp than do sports. Life's too short not to take time for yourselves, besides the grass will still be there on Monday.

2011 Sierra 355 QBQ
04 Ford F350 V10
blatch70 is offline   Reply With Quote