Old 11-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #21

In regards to the icemaker, I took an old extension cord and cut off the socket end. I then added two female blade connectors. Once your are pressurizing your system with RV antifreeze, open the refrigerator outdoor panel, remove the connectors to the icemaker solenoid, attach your new cord, then plug it in . This will open up the solenoid, letting the antifreeze flow into the lines. Let it runn until until you have plenty of pink fluid in the ice tray. Unplug, but Leave it hooked up this way. In the spring, plug it in again and run until the water is nice and clear. I still dump the first few rounds of ice until they are all clear.

Of course, this assumes your icemaker is 120 V.

Charlie

Old 11-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #22

Can you winterize by pumping antifreeze through the city water line? My Antifreeze line and water pump don't work ( fresh water didn't work ) but city water works.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #23

Winterizing

Spkittrick1, If I'm understanding you, the answer is no. The antifreeze has to be pumped from a source, either out of your fresh water tank, or out of a jug(s) of the stuff using a short hose attached to the water pump. Either way, it's the water pump that sends the antifreeze through the system. No pump, no antifreeze.

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spkittrick1 View Post
Can you winterize by pumping antifreeze through the city water line? My Antifreeze line and water pump don't work ( fresh water didn't work ) but city water works.

Actually if you can pump antifreeze into the city water port, that's just fine. It's just that most folks use the internal pump because they don't have an external pump. Find a way to drain your internal pump when draining the lines and tank and maybe exercise it a small bit just to push any last bit of water out of the internal pump itself since you won't be running antifreeze through it as such.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:27 PM   #25

check your filter on the internal water pump - may be clogged with saw dust like our 2012 Salem was.
it should pump fine
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spkittrick1 View Post
You most certainly can. That is how I winterize my Sunseeker. One thing I do before I run antifreeze through is remove the filter housing and fill it with antifreeze and then replace it. Makes it easier since everything runs through the onboard filter.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #27

Thanks I have a blockage from at the antifreeze shutoff valve or the valve is bad either way I can't get water to the pump. The strainer is dry as always so I hope I'm good there. I don't think there's water in the pump. Otherwise I blew the line out and pumped antifreeze through everything so I'm hoping it will make it through a Buffal winter.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #28

How to winterize

Good luck!

Kdot
Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #29

Ok, I have followed the instructions for winterizing. Bypassed the HWH and removed the anode rod. Opened all low point drains until completely empty with no drips. My Solaire 201SS has a bypass at the pump to allow direct feed from the antifreeze containers. Ran all faucets until Pink (hot and cold sides). Kitchen, bathroom and indoor and outdoor shower.

My questions are (1) how do I introduce the antifreeze to the freshwater tank if I bypass the tank during the process? Am I to also put in a gallon or so of antifreeze "manually" in to that tank as well from the fresh water outside connection? I have a hand pump that can do that if needed.

Also, (2) do I need to do the same with the city water linlet and put some antifreeze in that opening as well?

thanks!
2015 Nights Camped 18
2015 Palomino Solaire 201SS
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #30

Winterize

Leatherman, if you drain the fresh water tank, as you did the low point drains, you don't have to put antifreeze in the tank.

kdot

Tags
winter, winterize