Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #1

Wink Hubby is at work....

Hubby is at work. Truck is here at home. Hummmm, I think I'll hook up and head out today! I love having such a great campground so close by. Funny how not even leaving the county, yet it still feels like a different world. If I'm lucky my count will go up to no less than 43. Maybe more if I can get out of coming home Sunday.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #2

A campground close by is nice. We do approx 90% of our camping at a state park less than 20 miles from the house. We have a pontoon boat at the marina, so everything is pretty much in place for fishing and boating activities.

Like you said, it's like a different world. Makes it nice for people, like my wife and I, who work all week to be be able to take a short drive and still feel like we're getting away from it all.

grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

We just camp in our yard when we can't get away. WHen you have 16 1/2 acres, Deere Gators and old ATV's in your quonset plus a heated pool (it's an 18' above ground but it usually is at 85 to 90 degrees with the solar panels) why leave and best of all it is free, the campsite owners are a bit of a pain as they are quite picky but other than that it is totally worth while fun. We usually have 2 or three family campout weekends a year where we have abt 15 or so people. THe house is off limits except we have to feed the dogs and cats. So ya local is good.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
We just camp in our yard when we can't get away. WHen you have 16 1/2 acres, Deere Gators and old ATV's in your quonset plus a heated pool (it's an 18' above ground but it usually is at 85 to 90 degrees with the solar panels) why leave and best of all it is free, the campsite owners are a bit of a pain as they are quite picky but other than that it is totally worth while fun. We usually have 2 or three family campout weekends a year where we have abt 15 or so people. THe house is off limits except we have to feed the dogs and cats. So ya local is good.
We're coming to park in your yard

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #5

Full hook ups? We'll be there...

It's a PARTY!
masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #6

So, has a date been set for the First Annual Forest River Forum Members Rally at TheSasks????

P.S. If at all possible, I'ld like to reserve a site next to the pool!!!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Do you take Good Sam??

We do the driveway camping thing at least once a month for the weekend. It gives us the chance to check everything so we know it will be fine for our trips away from home.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
Wanna Be Camper

Sure lets have a party, although pool and power sites are limited and we only have one power site by the corral for any horse lovers. We did add one new feature to the camping weekend though this year.. An outdoor theatre that starts at dusk and goes till everyone fall asleep. We have a 12ft screen with a Toshiba projector and a 400 watt peavey sound system we setup in front of the garage and everyone brings a lawn chair and if it gets cold be pile in the trucks and pretend it's the drivein, good thing our closest neighbor is 1 1/2 miles away.

BTW the pool hit 92 yesterday so we have to keep the heaters off for awhile I guess.

Here is home.

Sorry skeeterbait8, I don't want to tramp on your post as it is a valid topic and we would in all certianity camp at one of the local sites if it were not for what we have been blessed with for a home which we got thanks to our babies a pair of Racoons Nicky and Sterling (may they forever rest in peace) God I miss them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aerial of farm 001.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	3022  

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote