Old 10-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #11
Why not Oregon it is a lot closer to home for you. I love the Southern coast areas like Brookings for instance and so many other beautiful locations. Or just another 17 miles or so to the South is Hiuchi, CA. 59-61 degrees most days of the year. It is located on the Smith River. All are close to Cresent City CA. Which has a free fishing pier. (B St. pier) The crabing there is really good at times.

And of course lots to choose from in California but everything is expensive here and traffic is terrible!

2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 W
2007 Tundra Reg Cab 4X4 SR5 5.7L
buffalohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #12
dessert or water?

Many state parks in FL to hang your hat along the panhandle which is NOT as far as south FL proper and much less crowded... weather is not "go to the beach warm" but usually stays in the mid 50's to low 60's during the day and maybe 45 at night... at least until mid-March when it starts to warm up enough to think about the beach...

I'll name a few of my favorite state park spots...
Grayton Beach, St Joseph Peninsula, St George Island, Manatee Springs...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #13
Well my wife & I have spent time in Florida (too humid, too expensive & lots of bugs) and
the Rio Grande Valley of Southern Texas (too windy) and now we just travel straight for Mesa, Arizona. Mesa (a suburb of Phoenix) is a beautiful area. We stay in a "Cal-Am Park" of which there are many (7 around Phoenix alone). The past two years we stayed here for 4 months.
Our favourite is Val Vista Village on Val Vista Drive in Mesa, AZ.
Please check out their website: where all their parks are
Would love to see you if you come this way !!! Wendy & Ian
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
If anyone is coming to Arizona you need to get your reservations in now as this is when everyone from the cold country starts planning their winter here.
Do you need reservations for the state parks in Feb. or March?
waterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
Originally Posted by collgen View Post
We purchased a Forest River Forrester. My husband and I have gone camping but now we want to get away from the snow in Idaho. PLEASE ADVISE! We are mentally stuck and don't know where to go. Florida is a long ways away. Any suggestions will be more than appreciated.
Snow is coming and I can't stand one more winter in the house. We are 60 years old and retired (kind of, lol)!
Statistically Yuma has the best winter weather in the US -- 1.3 inches of rain per winter. Yuma averages rain on just seven days in the wintertime.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #16
Green Valley AZ, check it out
2013 Sunseeker 2860 Chevy
2014 Chevy Spark
Days Camped 2013 93.
Days Camped 2014. 89
DangerCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #17
How about following the coast for southern and central Calif. beaches. The crowds are gone from the beaches, it's easy to get camp sites and the days and nights are mild. You could start with central Calif. around the Morro Bay area then head south to Cambria; maybe to Ventura beaches, then Malibu (Leo Carillo State Park is my fave!),then possibly Dockweiler RV park on West Los Angeles beaches( it has a great bike path along the beach), then I'd head south towards San Juan Capistrano; San Clemente State Beach; San Diego; Mission Bay and then maybe head inland to Palm Desert if you like the desert; it's good if you enjoy golfing, tennis or the pool.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #18

My wife and move around quite a bit in the winter. One place we like in Texas in the spring (too cold in the winter) is about a half hour drive from San Antonio. Lake Medina RV resort. Large lots so you don't park right next to your neighbor. Grass. Oak trees. Dog run. Clubhouse. Quilters leave their machines at the clubhouse. Mexican train dominoes and card games most every night. Morning coffee. Wood carving building. Wood working building for beginner to expert. Lake on three sides so no through traffic.

Downsides: No close by shopping. Park is a mile off the highway on a paved, hilly, winding road. Your rig will get covered by pollen and oak leaves.
fander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #19
Southern New Mexico

As an option to Arizona, Southern New Mexico also has very mild winters and great state parks. Las Cruces is an option as are numerous other small towns. If you go to Florida I would recommend south of Tampa on the West coast for very mild winters. I recommend south of Tampa because north of there gets colder and the humidity makes it feel even colder to me. We lived in Cape Coral for 3 years, wore shorts all year long for 3 years and there are lots of activities to keep you busy. Mexico is also an option if you are up for adventure. San Carlos, in the state of Sonora, is a town where many expats go in the winter. Only about 5 hours south of Tucson on good highway. Maybe try a trip and check out a few places for the future.
nicholsm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
Butterfield rv resort Benson Az. Very nice monthly rates about 500.00 plus electric.

edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote