Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #1

Hypothetical question

Suppose you're TV breaks down on the road and you call for a tow. Do they tow your TV and trailer or leave trailer and tow TV only?
Old 09-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #2

If you are calling for a tow, you need to specify what needs to be towed. Likely they will be picked up at different times by different vehicles.

How much of that cost is covered would be determined by what kind of roadside assistance coverage you have.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #3

Only if you have one of the RV Policies that says it will.
I have GoodSams Roadside assistance and if your Vehicle needs towing they will have a truck tow your trailer to a place.
I have a motorhome so if it had mechanical problems I just unhitch and drive my toad.
Haven't hear of anyone having this done but I'm sure others may give you their experience.

Good Sams Roadside Assistance Towing FAQ

Q:
I own a fifth wheel trailer and truck. If my truck breaks down, does Good Sam Roadside Assistance pay to tow the truck and travel trailer?

A:
Yes! While other roadside assistance providers may not cover specialized services like fifth wheel towing, Good Sam Roadside Assistance covers the cost to tow both vehicles to the nearest capable professional service center. If the repairs on your truck are serious enough that they will take several days to complete, Good Sam Roadside Assistance will pay to have your travel trailer taken to a safe location, such as the nearest campground while you wait.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
If you are calling for a tow, you need to specify what needs to be towed. Likely they will be picked up at different times by different vehicles.

How much of that cost is covered would be determined by what kind of roadside assistance coverage you have.
Here in New England, AAA does not cover RV's. We bought the Good Sam roadside assistance plan

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

When I worked at the GM dealership I would see some trucks get towed in with the trailer still attached. It was only on 5th wheel trailers though. It looked crazy but it worked. I suppose that you might be able to tow a tag along but I don't think that mine would have enough clearance at the back if the front of the truck was lifted up very high.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #6

I have CAA here in Canada and with the rv plus package that I have they will tow bot TV and TT up to 160 Kim's free, charges apply for towing beyond that distance.Saved my ass once already.
mulher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

Thank you all for your input. We can upgrade our AAA coverage to include RV's we just found out.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #8

Coach net...They will tow both, either with one big wrecker or 2 sperate. They also cover everything else you own.
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
They towed my stuff all at once....thruck towing insurance paid.....if they'd separated the two, the trailer would of been on me...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #10

We went with AAA RV PLUS.

Have not used it yet for the RV/TV. Have used it several times over the years for our vehicles.

Marty