Old 08-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #31
Only trouble I have had with I-80 in Iowa was the SCREAMING pavement.

MH, TT, or just my wife's SUV......between Omaha and Des Moines, something in the pavement, makes all weather tires scream.

We know it's their choice of pavement, as the bridges don't do it.

2012 Ecoboost Screw, 3.31 (yes....really) rear end.
2016 Flagstaff 26FKWS, about 7500 loaded
Retired AF Mustang.....Picker always looking to jam.
Major Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #32
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
Capt john, don't tell me that about I-80 in Penn. Will be using that road from Scranton to Conn. I just returned from the rally in Goshen to Florida.
The road in Kentucky just south of Cincinnati and the by-pass around Atlanta just about beat my Rockwood fifth wheel to death. It was so bad and rough, the black tank and grey tank for shower bent the brackets
that support the tanks down about 3", causing the tanks to read full when only two lights were suppose to be on where you check your tanks.
I only carry about 5 gallon of water in the black tank to keep stuff from turning into cement. Just the 5 gallons and rough roads caused me to have to drop the underbelly under the fifth wheel and jack the brackets back into place. It was a two day job. I had heard of OP having the problem, didn't think it would happen to me.

I will be using the road from Scranton, PA to Conn in transit to Maine.

It may be better on the eastern side, From the Ohio line to State College is really terrible. Rarely much in gray and black tanks but rarely less than 3/4 full on the FW tank. Have not had any problems yet. When building the far western section of I-80 SJ Groves hired a lot of guys I knew. Knowing some of them that may be the reason that road sucks. When I heard people complaining about I-95 in FL and GA,, it was funny! The right lanes there are bad,,, but

2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #33
Slow down or Get on another road. they all have rough spots
2004 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Amateur Radio W5CI
2016 Days Camping 48
W5CI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #34
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
One answer, and this going to make a lot of people mad, but vote for candidates that will put more money into road projects within their districts. Almost all of the interstates and highways within this country are falling apart due to heavy use with very little money to repair or replace, including mowing. In our part of the country, this has become a huge safety issue due to high populations of deer that can't be seen for all the weeds and shrubs growing up the shoulders because of budget reductions. Please vote and lets stop this nonsense of not investing in our infrastructures.
We have lost control of what we can and can't do with our respective Gov't. Work on the truck to make it ride better and vote no on taxes cause they don't go where they are supposed to.
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #35
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
No mods? Do you drive that 5er yet or still pull it ?? Way too many roads are in need of repair. Russell
According to the wt police, I can't tow it the 40K+ miles it has on it, so it just sits in the driveway.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #36
Back On The Go
Well, you'll have to take Oklahoma, Missouri, Ohio and Michigan off of your list, too based on our 4300 miles of travels this summer. I don't know the answer but we did find that our highway infrastructure has deteriorated significantly over the last 4-5 years. The parts of Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Texas we were on have good roads for the most part.
2016 Georgetown 270S
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid
2 Janis Hybrid Bicycles

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #37
Bike Trails and Rapid Tranist

Our wonderful congress decided that the Highway trust fund should be spent on Bike Trails, Trail head parking, and Rapid Transit. Here is NM, we spend millions a year for the Road Runner train from Albuq. to Santa Fe. What a boondoggle. Billions wasted. Trucks do tear up the pavement about as much as 20,000 cars. If we had more railroad tracks, and less union railroaders, we would ship most of our goods by rail instead of by truck. Then we would have better roads, but our Congress would still suck. Gary Johnson did more for the roads in NM than the last 6 governors.
2009 Roo 21ss + 2007 Superduty 6.0
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:00 PM   #38
Just got home from a trip to Utha . Used I80 on the way out and a lot of new road going in along the way . We were not towing our 5er but the ride in our Chevy 2500 was ok .
campingbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #39
I see I80 hasn't changed since we were last though there in the 1970s..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #40
Site Team
Site Team note: please stay on topic to fixing the OP issue not the politics of taxes and roads. The site team does not want to have to close this thread down.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote