Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
I tend to think retiring and traveling and so forth is waaauy different than living in a trailer, working and waiting for a house to be built. Depending on the state of the economy and everything else in the future, I was wanting to check out being a campground host somewhere in the southeast doing stays at different national forests and state parks.

We built a house last year and the waiting is the hardest part especially toward the end of the process. I will tell you one thing. I love the mountains. Born and raised in Florida and decided to quit my job, buy a business and move to the Smokies. Living here in a house is nice, dont get me wrong but it is waaay different than coming here on vacation. Part of me is jaded by it all. I have work to do, kids have stuff and the idea of just camping all the time, going hiking every weekend and so forth is just idea. Life happens. I wish I could do those things more often, especially camp and hike. I wonder if that is the case when one retires...we have an idea in our head and then there is reality.

Bob, Tonya and the kids
11 Rockwood Roo 233S
08 Grady White Seafarer 228
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Villa Estate 392FLFB
that is SO true! we thought we would be enjoying the campfire every night, cooking and drinking out side and so forth under the awning but in reality ive used the awning 3 times and the fire pit maybe 5 times... so much to do, too little time and $$$

One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Same thing here guys. I can have a hook in the water less than 30 minutes from the house. Friends and family think that's all I have to do.
Just like everyone else, I work, I've got grass to cut, I've got home projects, personal errands and appointments, etc.....
It's not as easy to get away as most people think.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 AM   #14
Your comments are all so true, live is sort so enjoy all the free time you can make......There is a song that came out some time a go, if you get a chance lpay attention to the words the name of the song is " Cat's In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
Sorry you're having a hard time. Wishing a speedy finish on your house!!!

My husband has been talking about full-timing when he retires. I'm not looking forward to it. I like to cook/bake tooooooo much and the trailer kitchen just doesn't cut it!

Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote