Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #21

Camping World is a resource for me and I will continue to use that resource where I find benefit.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I'm not really sure why you'd think that you'd have to stop by any rv dealer, anyway... you have a tire issue that any small mechanic or shop can handle easily.... I'm not sure 'banging' CW just because they don't have time to get to your simply fix when they have RVs backed up out the door, is the right thing to do - do you really expect them, or any dealer, who DID NOT install your tires, to really just drop everything and tend to only YOUR needs? How would you feel if YOUR RV was put on hold because they had to 'tend' to everyone else that drove in after you WITHOUT a scheduled appointment?
I disagree with pretty much all of this.

The person bought a product from CW. The product was clearly defective. Yes, they should absolutely push him to the front of the line and fix it immediately.

Im more of a hard nose when dealing with business as im a business owner.

I would have not fixed the valve stem at Walmart, I would have had them put on all new tires, then I would have drive back to CW drop the defective tires and asked for an immediate refund.

Service after the sale is what defines good business from mediocre.
jcarlilesiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #23

I wouldn't recommend CW to my worst enemy. Had too many issues with them. Quick to sell you a rig but Service is beyond lousy!!!!
rock-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #24

At this point, I am not sure if I am on topic or not, but, Discount Tire gets every bit of my tire business. Every one of the stores I have dealt with have been very friendly, thorough, and prompt. Great business model! Carry on folks!
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #25

Discount Tire

I agree with the comment about Discount Tire having top notch service. Discount Tire has fixed flats free of charge.

However, be aware some places play off the name, such as Discount Wheel & Tire. Used them once and they destroyed 4 pressure sensors. Told me about it, but refused to replace them.
BobnPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lngfela View Post
We bought a Rand McNally RV specific GPS on line from Campers World May 11th before leaving on a 3 month trip in June in our 35 foot class A towing a car. My navigator hated it and in fact routed us on a very non-friendly route to Yosemite. Had we taken the Rand Mc route like our kids in their car and the road signs directed we would have likely hung up the coach on the severely undulating road, instead traveling on the camp recommended route. We did not have the packaging and were well outside the 30 day electronics return policy but stopped at a Campers World in Liberty Lake Washington on August 4th. They took it back for a full refund no questions asked and i was able to find the plumbing piece needed as well. Kudo's to CW we are a customer.
On my Rand McNally RV specific GPS if you change the setting to More truck like. it does work very good in getting you there so far it has never took me a wrong way. But I always use a map for my trips and the gps just in case.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping