Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malojeer View Post
Just like automobiles there are lemons in RV’s as well. I think they definitely need more quality control in the industry. By the way we really like our mini lite 2104
He's gonna be really pissed when those brand new china bombs blow lol.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #42

Has anyone noticed that the OP has NOT provided any additional details other than no hot water????? So many folks have asked him to provide additional details so they may offer suggestions....and yet, the OP only keeps complaining or telling us he knows how to use it....makes me wonder.

People are offering help - why don't you take advantage of it, OP?
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Old 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM   #43

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
So did he ever say what his water heater was, or was not doing? It's not like folks in here have not seen most issues and probably have a good answer for him.

Ok, and to stir the pot a little....

So if you are not going to buy a FR again, what brand are you going to buy? You do understand that 99% of the components in any brand are the same, right? On the other hand if these things were built to the same pristine quality of high end cars, you would be paying Class A prices for the travel trailers, and price would just go up to the stars from there.

We may never know!
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #44
D W

Another "click bait" rant.
Attached Images

"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 03-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #45
Kanadian Kamper

OP was quick to vent and rage about FR.

LIKE ANY RV they are mainly made up of a number of the same components....Suburban, Atwood, Dometic, Norcold, Maxxair, and on and on and on.

Guess he’s got it fixed and can’t bother to update us.

If the OP doesn’t come back, consider the thread closed to benefit anyone.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 03-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #46
Chris and Cecil

It's so sad when someone becomes that angry.

Everyone we spoke with before we bought advised us that you need to be a little handy to own and enjoy a camper, just like a house. When the issues become gargantuan then you take it to the dealer/manufacturer/etc. and deal with it. However, the internet has spawned a generation of people who now have a platform for their rants and they think it's okay.

The blue LED on our power inlet cover burned out. I checked out this forum and saw where it had happened to others, too, and the consensus was "ain't no big deal...still works" so DH said not to worry. But I contacted Furrion anyway and they're sending us a new cover - no problem.

Before going ballistic, try contacting the manufacturer of the item, in this case, the water heater.

This poor guy seems to have reached his limit and I agree that he needs to reconsider whether camping is right for him. Life is too short to get that angry.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #47

Other then the China bombs blowing (after one blew I replaced them all) ours has been a really good unit. I have restrung a few blinds and did some minor repairs but it gives me something to tinker with and all were non expensive repairs. FR replaced our sky light on warranty. FR was helpful when I wanted to raise my unit. Gee hope I didn’t jinx the unit.
Curt A20 c/w GM Puck system
2021 56 night’s booked
Old 03-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson15 View Post
He does now
...but that's beside the point.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #49

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
Sorry to hear about your problems. We have had two Forest River products over the last few years and have been very pleased with the quality , dependability and the trailerability of both of our units (one a trailer and the other a fifth wheel) As well in all of our dealings with the Forest River personnel, they have always been prompt, responsive and quick to handle any problems we had (which were very few) Sometimes the challenge is not so much with Forest River as it is with getting proper service from the dealer.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #50
Rich and Char

I wouldn't say that about Forest River, we understand your upset but that's uncalled for, bashing don't help to solve anything.
The wife and I had our 5th wheel in sig. since new with only a few minor issues that I basically took care of since I am pretty handy. We had 1- warranty repair that was taken care of rather quickly by FR and our dealer, and yes back then we had the second year warranty. Heck - Fr even stepped up and paid to have our front and rear caps repainted by a automotive autobody repair with life time paint and finish after it was out of warranty and sent new decals for the caps. How can you ask for more.
We love our 5th, wheel.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Well, hopefully the OP does like the rest of us with RV problems. Cuss and throw things, rant in a forum or around the campfire, threaten to sell the piece of junk, and then calm down and fix it or find someone who can.
Yes, we have a 2014 Work and Play and a 2016 Cardinal. Love them both but sometimes they can be a project!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegernes View Post
I am so pissed off at Forest River. We bought a Forest River 26RR Camper. We bought this in Nov of 2018. We are now on Florida. We have had many problems with this camper. Now the water heater will not work. Not even 2 years old. I hope no one in their right minds buy one of these campers. Their **** does not last.. please stay far away from these campers. Our next camper will not be a Forest River. They do not care about their customers or their product. I am so pissed off. What a waste of the vacation we took off only to deal with all these problems. DO NOT EVER BUY A FOREST RIVER CAMPER. BUY ANOTHER BRAND. I know they see these posts. But will they ever do something about this. I think not. So far they could careless about the customer. They do not care!!!!!!!!!
Now that you have that rant out of your sydtem—what can we help you with??
Old 03-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #53

Really?
Old 03-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I got $100 says the water heater don't work because of something he did...

Tim
X2
Old 03-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #55

I have had two issues resolved almost-painlessly, with my 2018 Rockwood. So far, I have found Forest River and my selling dealer (RV Wholesalers in OH) and my repairing dealer, (Crisp RV in NC), to be great to work with.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #56

stands behind their product

Everybody is an integrator now days. All parts are bid out to companies that build close to to company they want to get contracts from and then the parts are integrated into the unit. Rather it be FR, GM, Ford or an M1A1.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #57
ARLO

We used to buy new every three years. Our current tt is a 2009 Flagstaff 829FKSS. It has been phenomenal. We had some minor things that I fixed myself. Hot water stopped working after 2.5 years. the reset, breaker button went bad and needed to be replaced. Same trip, around the great lakes, we noticed some soft spots on the floor in three places. We were in Indiana at the time near the factory. FR arranged for us to see their service manager and he determined that the floor should be replaced. After camping season ended, as it does early in NYS, FR arranged to pick up our tt at a dealer near us and brought it back to the factory for a new floor. They replaced the floor and coverings (carpet and vinyl) and repaired some things that I broke that they found. they picked it up the first week in October and returned it in the middle of November. Even though the warranty was technically expired, there was no charge for the work. We still have it and we still love it. We have been camping since 1971 in everything from pop ups to 5th wheels and this Falgstaff has been, by far, our best unit. our Sunline comes a close second to it. Out absolute worst tt was our 2006 Holiday Rambler, Savoy.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegernes View Post
I am so pissed off at Forest River. We bought a Forest River 26RR Camper. We bought this in Nov of 2018. We are now on Florida. We have had many problems with this camper. Now the water heater will not work. Not even 2 years old. I hope no one in their right minds buy one of these campers. Their **** does not last.. please stay far away from these campers. Our next camper will not be a Forest River. They do not care about their customers or their product. I am so pissed off. What a waste of the vacation we took off only to deal with all these problems. DO NOT EVER BUY A FOREST RIVER CAMPER. BUY ANOTHER BRAND. I know they see these posts. But will they ever do something about this. I think not. So far they could careless about the customer. They do not care!!!!!!!!!
We love our FR Freedom Express and had only a few issues that I was able to correct myself! Buy what you like but don't try to tell us what to own!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
X2
X3
Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
Has anyone noticed that the OP has NOT provided any additional details other than no hot water????? So many folks have asked him to provide additional details so they may offer suggestions....and yet, the OP only keeps complaining or telling us he knows how to use it....makes me wonder.

People are offering help - why don't you take advantage of it, OP?
Perhaps he's a TROLL!
Closed Thread

Tags
camper, forest river