Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Your own words is what is going to be the biggest obstacle there...as you can "only assume" your parking neighbor did it. Without absolute proof, like in damage to to his RV at the corresponding height levels, it's going to be hard to prove, much less accuse someone of.

Just playing devils advocate here, any chance that maybe a lawn maintenance guy could have run into it with a mower/ztr at the campground. I say that because I did it to my own trailer.
I'm going to got with the "devil's advocate" theory based on my law enforcement career. If you look at the damage, it looks to be totally on the lower rolled panel and a scrape approximately 18" in length. Now, looking at the "suspected trailer", the sides are very vertical. There is no surface to reach under your TT. Nothing is sticking out other than the square tube rear bumper. That makes me believe that the upper side of your camper would also have to been damaged as-well-as your slide in close proximity. A square bumper would leave a flat imprint and would have to be at a much sharper angle causing a deeper gouge. Whatever damaged your TT likely was lower and rounded. Is there any scuffing on your bumper end cap?

We had our class C in storage parked on gravel. We noticed a dimple on the corner of our front bumper. The C bumper is chrome and there was no paint transfer. It could match up to the 5er square bumper that was moved in after we had ours in storage. In our minds, it was the cause. However, it would be very difficult to prove because the grade in the surround area could change the TT bumper height depending on the angle of the TV on the grade. We happened to be talking with the storage space owner when we noticed the damage, so he is now aware. We chose not to confront the the 5er owner. We don't want bad blood when there is any doubt.

Now, the guy that took out our mail box and our neighbors mail box was another matter. Not only did he leave his truck debris including the year of his Ford pickup for a good part of a block, but he left his front license plate as a calling card. BUSTED!!!
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #22

Update: I talked the gentleman responsible for landscaping at the campground where the trailer is stored he was very nice and sincere he told me the other trailer did not due the damage to my trailer because he personally backed it in to the spot next to me and assured me he didn't hit it.

He did say it was possible that a mower (zero turn) may have did the damage and told me not to get anything fixed or try or repair it for now and that he would look at the damage and compare it to the mowers they use when I return it in two weeks. I'm happy that at least they will take a look at the damage and didn't just tell me no they didn't to it.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #23

That is great. Sounds like an honest man. Hope everything works out
dmac1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOfTwo View Post
I was thinking what wmtire said. Looks like those diagonal black marks could be from the front tire of a zero-turn mower.
Bingo. I agree this was not a camper hit.

Something low bumped into it; not something tall like a camper.

My money is on a mower.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
Update: I talked the gentleman responsible for landscaping at the campground where the trailer is stored he was very nice and sincere he told me the other trailer did not due the damage to my trailer because he personally backed it in to the spot next to me and assured me he didn't hit it.

He did say it was possible that a mower (zero turn) may have did the damage and told me not to get anything fixed or try or repair it for now and that he would look at the damage and compare it to the mowers they use when I return it in two weeks. I'm happy that at least they will take a look at the damage and didn't just tell me no they didn't to it.
Glad to hear that you've received a bit of input from an honest person (the landscaper) and things might work out the better for you. Also glad you was able to choose your words and not come out of the situation with any bad blood.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #26

Well the obvious thing I see is unless the neighbor replaced the running light his running light would be busted based on the side by side pics.then you look at the scrapes how they appear to go upward and are darker then what I can see for color on the neighbors camper
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote