Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #1

I thought I was so smart...

Bought a TT at end of year and got a great deal. Bought a new truck, because, I bought too much trailer for old TV. Had fun shopping, love my new toys.... but, I live in WNY. We got a foot of snow Friday with 1 to 2 more called for today through Wednesday!

I'm sitting here hoping for early spring so I can get out and camp/travel. As I look out the window, the snow piles up... and the 10 day forecast looks bleak.

We're hoping to get a break in late march to go down to Florida. I think it's going to be a very, very long winter for me.
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandJ View Post
Bought a TT at end of year and got a great deal. Bought a new truck, because, I bought too much trailer for old TV. Had fun shopping, love my new toys.... but, I live in WNY.
My friend... You are in for one longggggggggg winter indeed!

Nothing worse than having new toys in the driveway and ya can't play with 'em.

You might consider taking the time to do some over nighters in the driveway. If it gets too cold you make a dash for the stick and bricks, but will help familiarize you with the on board systems. Give the mattress a test run, furnace, crank the reefer over, etc etc. I would just stay clear of the water systems, but doing a "live in".. cooking, sleeping, lounging, watch a little TV, etc. will help give you a better idea of how you want things arranged, what mods you might want to make, and identify any issues that may need to be addresses before your make a long haul.

rana is offline   Reply With Quote