Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 AM   #41

I rented an RV one time from Cruise America, after that we were hooked. Most importantly, my wife was hooked, and she’s 100% city slicker. I don’t think she ever did anything more than camp on the beach for one night prior to this, and yeah I definitely had to “convince” her to try camping. I’m definitely proud of her though, she’s got our camping outings down to a science.
Right after our rental outing we bought a really nice Sunseeker and just loved it, a couple years later I found a pretty sweet Monaco that we’ve been regularly using every chance we get. Currently we’re selling the Monaco and planning a move to a 5th wheel.
I don’t think full timing is in the cards for us, for one thing I’m a “garage” king of guy and I love to tinker, but we sure love getting out there and camping every chance we get.
Mike968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #42

The article admits right up front that the author is inexperienced. Sometimes it is nice to hear a voice that isn't a so called "expert". I actually bought a cheap old RV to make sure my family could adapt to vacations out of an RV before spending bigger money on a nice one.

I agree with the other thoughts. It's her choice and her family, but I don't plan entertainment events for my kids for every waking hour. I also have a "no electronics" rule while in camp. It is always hard to tell if someone has the weight of the world because they have to do everything for everyone, or if they are the type that insists on doing everything.

Now that my kids are a bit older, it is actually easier to camp with them than without. They are expected to help, and they do. I suppose a story like: my family helped me load, my family helped me cook, my family kept themselves entertained, my family ate simple meals (without complaint) ... It just doesn't make a very good article.
adaycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #43
Insert witty title here

I Took My Kids on an RV Trip...and left them at a rest stop in Utah.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #44

Our kids started camping in a portable crib and a 6 person tent. They are 21 & 24 now. We've started a new tradition called: Grandparents + Grandkids + 1 week somewhere = GrandCamping.
BigGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #45
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy87 View Post
Our kids started camping in a portable crib and a 6 person tent. They are 21 & 24 now. We've started a new tradition called: Grandparents + Grandkids + 1 week somewhere = GrandCamping.

GrandCamping

We love It!!!

Last year was the first time for the 3yr old grandson, this year his week was in July, and his now 3yr old sister spent a week with us in August. It's going to be an annual thing.

Both kids separately so there is no competitions between them just straight one on one between us.

Enjoy 'em, they only stay young for what seems like overnight!

Geoff & Francesca
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote