Old 04-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #31
Car, boat, and RV sales people are often scammers, and thieves. There are a small number who are not. I have been lucky enough to have met a few. I deal with a car salesman who I have bought 11 cars from. The RV dealer that I buy from, in the Daytona Beach area is a mom and pop dealership. He doesn't sell new, as the manufactures try to control too much. Also there is more profit in used. I have bought 3 class As, a 5er, and a TT from him. I believe that each was a fair deal. I just bought a newer class A, from an individual, and I'm sorry I did. I great dealer is fantastic, anything less is bad.

badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:24 AM   #32
As others have said, print out the webpage and bring it with you. But...keep it in your back pocket. We did our homework prior to going to the dealership. The online price was $5,000 less than the salesman quoted us (he was really playing the role of the martyr..."I can work with management and can possibly get a thousand dollars off the price." - sheesh, don't do me any favors).

Anyhoo, we kept our mouths shut until it was time to talk numbers. I asked him for his best price and when he gave us the high figure, we informed him of the online price. His look of shock was laughable but he did go online to verify this. Funny thing, when he logged onto the site, it turns out the price had been lowered an additional $2,000. Turns out the owner had stopped by that very morning (I saw him walking around the lot) and dropped the price as he wanted to move this particular unit. It worked.

badge2283 - may I ask which dealership? We dealt with RV Direct in Orlando but live down the coast from you in Cocoa. Always good to know of a quality Mom & Pop Dealership. Thanks.

JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:50 AM   #33
they might have told you they would give you what you payed for current one to trade back in, but in order to do so, you won't get the full discount on the next purchase. It's all a numbers game. They can make it look like whatever you want to see. No such thing as returning an RV for a full refund.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #34
Indeed. Traded new trailer - only out twice in it- for MH. Lost almost 50% on trailer. Trades of new units are tough on the consumer.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #35
JoBu, we deal with Robbins Camper World. I find the owner Dennis Robbins to be one of the most honest, if not the most honest RV dealers. We have tried to deal with many other dealers, and found a few that were honest, but none match Robbins. Dennis has told people not to buy one of his units, as it wasn't for them. I have said that if I had to jump in the ocean, I could hand Dennis my wallet, and when I got back I wouldn't need to look in my wallet.
They also have parts and service.

badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote