Old 04-29-2016, 06:15 AM   #1
I was quoted much higher than advertised price to TT, now what ?

I went yesterday looking to trade in my newly purchased TT from original dealership that sold it to me only a month ago (long story, if you read about the scariest ride home
with Durango you understand) they said would give back what I paid toward a larger size TT. Found a nice 2013 TT and the salesman quoted $22,000 and then last night went to their website and it's listed for $17,000. NADA has lowest price at $25,000.I was thinking he misquoted me by a lot . You think they would honor advertised price from their website. It's the only one they have on lot and only one on website.

DebMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:17 AM   #2
Sounds shady to me. I'd shop elsewhere.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Call them out!

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "2"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
If you want that 17,000 dollar price for the new/used trailer then I can guarantee you they won’t give you what you paid for the trailer you are trading in. The trailer you are trading in will have to be sold as a used unit.

Here’s a shock for everyone, RV dealers are in business to make money.

Here’s another shock for everyone, RV salesmen will tell you anything to make the sale. A salesman job is to sell. Caveat Emptor.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:03 AM   #5
I'd print a copy off and take it in and just confirm how much they are giving you for yours then present the printed add and say" I'll take this one".
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
The low price I'll bet is not doing a trade. As said call them out on it. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #7
It was used from them, purchased last month.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #8
I'm going to call anonymous and ask about the advertised camper
Old 04-29-2016, 07:13 AM   #9
If a unit is on floor plan too long it becomes upside down financially. The dealership will go to extraordinary lengths to separate from the unit.

Floor Plan = financing.
Phinias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #10
I wonder if the listed price of $17k is one of those "scams" that no one can actually achieve. Kind of like when a car dealer has a vehicle (I'll just make up numbers to make it easy) and the vehicle is $25,000. They list it as $20,000 on sale because there is $1,000 off for being a student, and $1,000 off for being military, and $3,000 off if you use dealer financing. But then you get there, and they say, well if use the student discount you cant use the military discount. Plus, if you use either of those discounts the vehicle falls below the threshold for dealer financing, etc. Long story short, they add all possible incentives together, and take it from the sticker. When in reality, it is impossible to qualify for all of the discounts. I don't like that tactic but it is very popular.

So in your case, using that very convoluted example, they may be quoting you one price because you don't qualify for any of the promotions (or they simply wont honor them because of the situation of taking your unit back?) to get you to the $17k number.

As others have said, print it out, and try to use it, see what they say. Then you will have to determine if you still want to do business, depending on their answer. I did have an experience several years ago where a car dealer had a sale banner on their window that ended 3 days before we were in there. They quoted the price and terms, and we said, "what about that ad over there?". They said, "That add expired 3 days ago but since it is still prominently displayed, I'll tell the manager you want that deal.". The manager honored the deal, and while we were standing there someone came out and took it down. All depends on the way they do business, there are some that would have said the deal expired so we wont honor it. So it wont hurt to present them their own advertised price and see what they say. Good luck

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is offline   Reply With Quote