Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #21

Angry

Not only is it disturbing. I have had the coach damaged twice from rocks thrown against the coach from the mowers.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:12 PM   #22
Site Team

Let's stay away from seasonal vs weekender comments as this will just lead to arguments and sore feelings.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Let's stay away from seasonal vs weekender comments as this will just lead to arguments and sore feelings.
Agreed, feel free to remove my post. I figured it could get ugly.
crunchman12001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #24

I like 24 hr. Self- check in after hrs. I want good, clear signage, large- well lit site numbers and easy to understand and find sites. I hate pulling in after dark to winding, twisting rows and having to get out of my vehicle with my flashlight to read the faint, unlit numbers, which happen to be very screwy and illogical. Meanwhile, I'm also trying to avoid the unpruned tree branches from scratching my paint. When I find my site, a level pad is appreciated. Some privacy bushes between sites would be great.
I would try to put the big class A's and 5ers together if possible so that the smaller class C's and tt's aren't boxed in between/ swallowed up by them losing their sunlight and views.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #25

I would not have street lights all over the place. We like sitting in the dark or just with campfire light. Some campgrounds have more street lights than our home street. Comeon....we're camping! And for those who want to walk around, get a flashlight
Old 10-08-2016, 10:03 PM   #26

A nice play ground for the younger campers would be nice. This would be nice to keep the younger ones occupied while Mom and Dad are setting up camp.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:12 PM   #27

Larger sites with some barrier between them.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #28

Make the access road to the sites bi-directional so regardless of which site you have you can enter so when backing you are viewing your trailer from the drivers side.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #29

Wow, not sure I have camped at a campgound that either has grass to cut, (never concrete)

or it is just bushes/trees growing around the site.

And the kids playground is a long hike into the wilderness.

Baths are either Marine style, at a hostel or truck stop. Outside pavilion is sitting under the stars and looking up, with no ambient light. And on long hikes, the dogs carry their own poop that is contained in a dog poo bag, that is placed inside a small plastic bag from Walmarts, Smith's Grocery, etc. and attached to their harness. Or I just carry it back in the dog poop bag. Really not that hard to do; just be careful what hand you use to scratch your nose.

And the strange thing, there are hundreds of those types of campgrounds in the numerous national forests out west.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #30

Although some people do prefer them, we avoid campgrounds that have the "parking lot" effect where campers are lined up like sardines in a can, on a concrete pad, with a strip or two of grass and if you're lucky a bush or two between them. If I built an ideal campground it would have large, level sites, recessed and surrounded by trees and bushes. Hookups would be located on the side where they are needed. Roads would be paved to keep from rutting and washing out and would be wide enough to comfortably maneuver into your site. Bath houses would be clean and modern and heated in cooler months. WiFi and pool, lake, and/or river is a plus as is a camp store with friendly people who are knowledgeable about the area. Activities for both kids and for the adults (without kids) such as canoe trips, group hiking, archery, bingo, etc. I would change the common, for this area, "reservation for a week only before May 1 (Sun to Sun) " to reservations for a week or more with no set start or end day before May 1.

Tags
mpg