Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #81

There are CG's similar to what you want. They are usually smaller.
Have Water, Electric & Sewer. Some even have nice treed sites.
No swimming pool, No Swing Sets & No Office.
Built on the honor system. Put some $ in a locked box & there's
an 800 number if you have problems. Usually quite a bit cheaper
than conventional CG's. Stayed in one several years back near Spring Green, WI.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #82

Last i checked we all have preferences and beleive it or not many people don't care for dogs, cats and kids when they travel. I don't have any problem with those who think differently using other campgrounds. Don't understand a person thinking different to me suggesting assisted living. Guess freedom of thought and opinion is policed now!
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #83

When it comes to campgrounds, one size does NOT fit all. I know some very successful ones that cater to adults and not children. Many do cater to children, which is great. Some are designed especially for dog lovers. There are campgrounds exclusively for seniors, and I've heard of some that are for nudists and others for those in the LGBT community. The good thing is that we can choose the ones that suit our individual preferences. No need for a campground to try to be all things to all people. And no need to ridicule people for preferring one over the other.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #84
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Last i checked we all have preferences and beleive it or not many people don't care for dogs, cats and kids when they travel. I don't have any problem with those who think differently using other campgrounds. Don't understand a person thinking different to me suggesting assisted living. Guess freedom of thought and opinion is policed now!

If we as a society truly believe in freedom of expression, we must accept it in all forms, even those we may deem as repugnant.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I large number of RVers travel with kids and / or pets. Any campground that prohibited either would probably go out of business.

For me....it would leave me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #86
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I would enforce campground speed limits......big time!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Sounds a lot like a Michigan State Park,,, except for the Satellite thing !!!
A small camp store would be nice,,, or at least Ice sales !!!
I was actually thinking that a lot of these comments sounded like a Michigan State Park! Holly State Recreation Area has these lovely and large private sites with level pads but most are completely secluded with vegetation from other sites. So much more relaxing than being on top of everyone else in the campground (for my taste)!
sarahlizz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes I am retired USAF and enjoy my few benefits.
Don't tell them that many of these only cost $15 -$30 a night and I even found places that have free washer and dryers.
This is just one of our now limited benefits for wearing the uniform for 20 plus years.
If anybody bitches, just tell them to walk down to the recruiters office and raise their right hand!!

I did my 4 yrs in the 1970's when we were called "baby killers," so I don't begrudge you your benefits.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I would enforce campground speed limits......big time!
OMG, this is a massive pet peeve of mine.

Last weekend was halloween weekend at a local campground, and it was completely packed. People flying around 50mph around the campground.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #90
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I like the guy in his tuned up diesel truck and beefed up turbo that insists on driving in low and 2000+rpms so they can impress everyone with their exhaust sound and fan whistle.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #91

Quote:
I live in a very rural area, so we are used to listening to the sounds of nature at night. When camping, I prefer to do the same. I enjoy hearing children enjoy themselves, (at least until quiet time), but I don't want to hear anyone else's dogs whining, whimpering, barking, step in their messes, and listen to the pet owners repeatedly yelling the pet's name all night as the dog continues to bark. A national education, certification, and licensing program should be created for pets and their owners that have demonstrated proficiency in pet camping manners, a microchip, a vet health certificate, and pet training skills. This would allow campgrounds to only allow pets who are "camping certified". This would allow responsible pet owners to enjoy their furry friends but prevent irresponsible campers from bringing a whole litter of pups and leaving them to bark and whine all day and night in a crate under the tree, or bring their unruly Fido to run rampant through everyone else's campsite. The national certification of camping pets could also help reunite any lost pets with their owners.

I have no problem with maintenance. While camping I have had not only mowing, but nearby backhoes repairing water lines or a sewer lift station,, clearing out power-line right-of-ways with a noisy self-propelled Hydro-Axe, grading the roads, upgrading a playground, a DNR watercraft spraying herbicides into the lake, a bucket truck replacing a pole-mounted transformer, and chainsaws cutting down ash-borer infected trees. All of these things are necessary, and I have no problem if they are conducted during daylight non-quiet time hours.

I do, however, object to the noisy Kubota RTV or John Deere Gators with worn-out mufflers that the security staff of the park makes their hourly routine drives throughout the campgrounds at night and when gathering garbage in the mornings. If I owned a campground, service vehicles would be quiet electric vehicles like a golf cart or Polaris Ranger EV.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #92

Some CG guest need certification also. You know that boistrous chump that clutches a beer 24/7 and talks at the highest volume he can muster. I especially like the guy that tunes his engine over the weekend.
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:18 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I like the guy in his tuned up diesel truck and beefed up turbo that insists on driving in low and 2000+rpms so they can impress everyone with their exhaust sound and fan whistle.

You must know my neighbor on our dead end street.
It might not be him though, just one of his fellow members of the "Trying To Compensate for Something" club.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #94

Quote:
Some CG guest need certification also. You know that boistrous chump that clutches a beer 24/7 and talks at the highest volume he can muster. I especially like the guy that tunes his engine over the weekend.
Yeah, I camped next to that guy. He also changed his oil on his pickup truck at the campsite and burned the waste oil and filter in his fire ring. It must have been his cousin that I have also camped next to who left a set of old tires leaning against the campground garbage can so he wouldn't have to pay the recycling fee.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #95
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Well CRAP, you think I wanted to take that filthy stuff in my truck! 2500 miles! Lol
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:40 AM   #96

Talking

We are retired teachers, so we are used to kids. I don't have any negative camping experiences with other people's kids playing of dogs, either. The annoying noise has been from the partying adults into the night with a few too many Jack Daniels cocktails in them.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #97
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What gets me the most, and I wait for it every weekend I camp, is the person whose car alarm goes off in the morning! This happens every single time we go camping.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #98
Insert witty title here

We set up camp once next to these friendly folks who invited us to join them at their fire and offered us food and drinks too. We were having a great time until their conversation turned into something that sounded like penthouse forums. My wife and I thanked them for their hospitality and quickly retreated to our camper locking the door behind us.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
What gets me the most, and I wait for it every weekend I camp, is the person whose car alarm goes off in the morning! This happens every single time we go camping.

As a courtesy to other site campers in your area please post your campground schedule for the at least the next 6 months.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
We set up camp once next to these friendly folks who invited us to join them at their fire and offered us food and drinks too. We were having a great time until their conversation turned into something that sounded like penthouse forums. My wife and I thanked them for their hospitality and quickly retreated to our camper locking the door behind us.
LOL it sounds like they were swingers! Eeww!
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg